|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Partner Development Manager - Recruit (PDM-R) is an important contributor to Microsoft's partner engagement strategy as part of the One Commercial Partner Organization (OCP). Microsoft aspires to offer the most comprehensive, inclusive, and profitable partner network in the industry. OCP leads this effort in recruiting new partners, building solutions together, creating vibrant routes to market, and selling with impact to our joint customers.
The goal of the US PDM-R is at the start of this journey. The US PDM-R Identifies, qualifies, onboards, and enables strategic, net-new partners to develop their solution on the Microsoft platform. With these new partners in the Microsoft family, we can better provide the right partner, at the right time, to solve customer business challenges.
The US Partner Development Manager Recruiter will help identify, qualify, drive deals and go to market with a portfolio of ISVs who have a high propensity to experience significant success as part of the Microsoft Partner Ecosystem.
Key responsibilities include:
Recruitment Strategy and Planning - Contribute to Recruit group’s strategic planning and coordinate recruitment experts with our leadership. Research and analyze potential new partners. Seek and articulate market insights about our chief competitors. Share best practices on partner recruitment.
Recruit net-new partners - Contact target partner to evangelize profitability of Microsoft relationship, Microsoft value proposition, and quantify market opportunity for the partner. Coordinate engagement of Microsoft team required to enable/skill up partner and manage solution development (ie training and technical teams). Assure the new solution is discoverable in Microsoft’s Marketplace. Create/execute a go-to-market plan to capture new business for the partner. Coordinate with Microsoft sales teams to achieve first customer wins.
Transfer recruited partners - Execute timely and appropriate transfer of partner to partner management teams for long-term partnership.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- 5+ years of experience in core sales experience, partner channel development, business development, alliance management in the technology industry
- Executive presence and ability to influence business leaders through business value propositions
- Experience with cloud platforms and other technology platforms and developing new solutions
- Strong experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort
- Challenger mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through
- Bachelor degree desired (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations). MBA preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.