|Job Type:||Full Time|
Minecraft inspires millions to create together, connects people across the globe, and fosters a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world. We are looking for a seasoned Senior Software Engineer with Mobile and Game Console expertise to help facilitate these experiences for Minecraft players on a multitude of platforms.
The Minecraft Foundations team builds and maintains the Minecraft core engine across all platforms including PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Android and iOS. As a Senior Engineer on the Engine team, you’ll help ensure all those players can experience Minecraft with consistent quality.
Prior experience developing in C/C++ for any current console platform and/or mobile platforms using a proprietary engine is preferred. Applicants should have shipped at least one commercial game on these platforms using a custom-built engine.
- Maintain and refactor the codebase for consistent quality and performance.
- Continually improve or enhance existing systems for a better customer experience.
- Ensure consistent, maintainable unit and functional tests to help monitor system quality.
- Lead by example within the team by producing simple, extensible, and maintainable code.
- Lead design and code reviews across the feature area.
- Take a player-centric approach to quality and usability.
- Has 4+ years of experience developing in C++, preferably cross-platform
- Understands the architecture and development of modern game engines
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly prototype and iterate
- Self-directed and takes initiative to drive progress
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.