|Location:||Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Energy business unit in Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to support both existing and new process development/improvement activities. The primary focus will be on the improvement of existing processes with a strong emphasis on TE’s irradiation (electron beam) process. A foundational and working knowledge of electronics/control systems along with the use of LEAN manufacturing principles is required.
- Champion the process, procedures and equipment to effect improvements in safety, throughput, reliability, yield and cost.
- Upgrade existing process control systems to industry standard specifications with a focus on machine data collection
- Work closely with other disciplines within the plant to develop accurate specifications and documentation to support new product introductions.
- Maintain reliable support systems for the transport of products (Skaltek payoff and takeup) and other process support functions such as SF6 gas transfer and high vacuum
- Initiate justifications for capital expenditures
- Project manage large and small capital projects efficiently to complete on time and within budget
- Minimum AAS in electronics, electro-mechanical or physics. BS preferred.
- 5 to 7 years working knowledge of electronics, plc’s and control systems. Must be proficient with reading and understanding electrical schematics and using equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes and meggers to analyze process problems.
- Good hands on mechanical abilities. Familiarity with large pressure vessels a plus.
- Familiarity with water cooling and gas transfer systems a plus.
- Significant advantage if the candidate has an understanding of the theory of electron accelerators, magnetic theory for steering and scanning electrons and an understanding of vacuum basics for High Vacuum systems operating in the range of 10 -8 Torr.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work in a fast change, high paced environment.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.