|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster, and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
The Supply Chain Engineering SWE team is the place for technology professionals who want to be strategic business partners and the first to create innovative solutions - making global impact on millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees using Microsoft software and services.
We are looking for people who are passionate about delivering end-to-end services, with high quality, into production. If you a self-starting SAP Software Engineer with a passion for delivering quality and are looking for a place where your abundance of ideas will be welcomed and supported, you may just have found your dream job. In this role, you will be helping deliver robust, quality business applications by collaboratively engineering our SAP transactional backbone from the ground up to meet the specific requirements of our partners in a constantly evolving business environment.
- Effective systems design, configuration, and testing, for our integrated business planning processes (specifically SAP IBP S&OP, IBP Demand Planning, IBP Inventory, IBP Response and Supply, CPI-DS, SDI) ensuring they are always positioned to drive high-quality, reliable, systems enablement.
- Effective systems design, configuration, and testing, for SAP ERP processes (specifically SAP MM/SD, Ariba SCC, APO GATP and CIF) ensuring they are always positioned to drive high-quality, reliable, systems enablement.
- Evaluate existing all transactions related to inbound and outbound processes & systems to identify opportunities to improve planning and execution.
- Execution of work plans to land high-value systems improvements that drive quality and scale, by working with internal and external partners on the design and deployment of systems-enabled capabilities, ensuring functionality, usability & supportability.
- Build and operate the services in a SAP DevOps Environment. Own the services in production, monitor, analyze, track and remediate issues in production.
- Partnering with value stream, Engineering and Architecture colleagues, to identify emerging industry trends and the related SAP technologies/roadmap, ensuring we, always, have a roadmap for process, tools, & technology that optimizes the landscape, for premium Windows devices & accessories.
- Team management and leadership - modeling Microsoft Values: lead by example, leveraging and helping others to be successful.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 1-year experience in Microsoft technology development stack (.NET, C, Excel add-in, Azure applications) to compliment SAP IBP and ECC UX.
- 1-year experience configuring SAP integrated business planning (IBP) modules in like business environments (implementation, not merely ‘support’), with expertise in demand and supply planning processes.
- 1-year experience configurating APO and ECC SD/MM modules.
- 1-year experience required in consumer electronics, and/or high-tech industry, and/or consumer packaged goods.
- 1-year of experience working with modern engineering practices included, but not limited to: SAFe, Agile/Lean, CI/CD, or similar Agile methodology.
- A sound understanding of other business technology concepts, software architectures, integration technologies, and cross application SAP / Azure integration dependencies.
- Effective team player including communicating with customers, peers (business & technical), and suppliers.
- Familiarity with automation tools – Worksoft Certify, Visual Studio, SAP solution manager, etc.
- Proven ability in a global environment.
- Personal accountability, and drive, to take on and see through big challenges.
- Excellent problem resolution, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Formal SAP certification, in at least 1 domain area, preferred, but not required, if you have verifiable configuration experience
- Experience with Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, E2E Test Automation, Telemetry
- Software engineering experience in other Microsoft technologies (i.e. Azure services)
- Understanding of Cloud Computing concepts and platforms
Experience using structured design and modeling techniques
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.