|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role
The Business Value Strategy team is central to expanding Samsara’s enterprise business with its largest prospective customers by demonstrating significant return on their investment and positioning them for a long-lasting partnership with our company. This highly cross-functional role collaborates with Sales, Product, and Executive Leadership to grow revenue and identify new areas of value for our customers.
In this role, you will:
- Align customer and internal stakeholders on the main sources of value (efficiency, safety, sustainability) that a prospective customer will receive by using Samsara’s products
- Create strategic roadmaps describing how to prove and scale value, and help manage trials to quantify the value created through a Samsara deployment
- Consult with customers on best practices in change management, technology implementation, customer experience, and other topics critical to program success
- Present insights and recommendations to customer execs and senior internal stakeholders
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally
An ideal candidate has:
- 2-5 years experience in management consulting, IT consulting, financial consulting, business operations, and/or program management
- Bachelor’s degree required, with advanced degree a plus
- Ability to build deep and empathetic working relationships with customers and across functions
- Structured thinker with an eye for value and a growth mindset
- Self-starter who enjoys owning projects independently
- Strong quantitative, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience in fleet management, IoT devices, or B2B software a nice to have
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.