Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
The Core Products and Delivery team within Payment Services, Global Products and Partnerships division is responsible for developing, managing and implementing advanced payment products across Discover Financial Services.
The transit-specific products being managed and implemented are based on technologies such as EMV, Contactless (i.e. NFC), and QR Code. The payment technologies broadly impact the payment ecosystem from card issuing to merchant acquiring.
Responsible for leading strategic and ongoing activities for all payments for products delivery. Works closely with business partners to identify market requirements to be incorporated into the product, and will provide support to the sales teams as they promote our products and services to clients. Responsible for managing activities with external consultants, terminal manufacturers, card manufacturers, personalization bureaus, testing labs, and test-tool vendors to help enable support. Responsibilities primarily include managing activities with transit agencies, understanding their back-office platforms and policies, and managing external consultants and terminal manufacturers to help enable Discover’s payment acceptance with mass transit agencies around the world.
- Ensures transit product development & implementation goals are met by creating/managing a clear strategy and implementation prioritization for the region, and by providing SME support to internal and external partners to deliver against the strategy.
- Responsible for product delivery approach for region across key business partners, and manages clear communications around progress against strategy.
- Manages relationships with DFS partners to ensure the product delivery processes are effective.
- Prioritizes and allocates budget funding for individual projects and ensures adherence to the annual budget.
- Sets regional priorities for incentives and ensures tracking to incentive goals.
- Identifies opportunities to deliver training or provides other regionally specific support materials such as client-facing presentations.
- Represents DFS at industry and client events (such as EMVCo), and prepares and delivers SME-level presentations to all levels of internal and external management.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in the Payments Industry, Product Management/Delivery, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field
- Successfully led and implemented large, business critical projects, with a large number of work group members and large budget
- Proven track record in managing multiple transit partners / vendor relationships simultaneously
- Excellent client management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to build reliable working relationships within the network, the company, and with our partners
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.