|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Microsoft CSS (Customer Service and Support), the sentence: “That’s not our problem” does not exist in our lexicon. We deliver world-class assistance around the clock to businesses, partners, and developers in 24 languages. Within CSS, the Microsoft Partner Programs team provides planning, quality assurance and service delivery to ensure partners get the most from their relationship with Microsoft.
The Partner Support Engineer is responsible for being the first point for contact for partner queries and obsessing over their needs while delivering a world-class engagement experience and resolving their issues quickly and completely.
Successful candidates will have be:
- Consultative. Great listeners, and problem solvers for each unique Partner challenge.
- Influential: Motivated to encourage positive customer behavior change and impact.
- Empowered. Driven to explore and deliver creative and high-impact solution to enhance the Partner's experience without constraints or limitations.
- Inspired. Feels connected to the Microsoft mission and is passionate about helping customers get the most value from our products and services.
- Resilient. Bounces back from, grows and thrives during challenges, change and adversity.
- Collaborative. Shares idea and thoughts with their peers and partners to accomplish common goals.
This is a Partner Support Engineer role and the daily responsibilities will include the following:
- Handling online submitted support requests related to Microsoft Partner Network / Cloud Solution Provider program
- Conduct proactive outreach to partners either as part of an open case or for a campaign as needed
- Capture timely, accurate and clean Commercial and Partner data understanding that incorrect data limits our ability to understand partner pain points and resolve both system and policy issues
- Actively listen and engage in all conversations remembering that they are serving as a corporate spokesperson
- Effectively uses provided delivery tools, processes, and methodologies consistently in order to control deliveries in a repeatable way.
- Tracks risks, issues and ensures that his or her portion of deliveries are accurate, on time, and within Microsoft’s agreed scope.
- Follows up consistently and intentionally, and develops action plans for resolving customer escalations
- Help drive partner satisfaction by providing accurate information, prompt call backs, and timely follow-ups on all action items.
- If the partner qualifies, ensure that the partner can participate in Microsoft’s incentives programs.
- Communicate effectively and leave a great impression as the first point of contact
- Quickly scope issue and actively drive resolution while avoiding the next likely issue/hurdle and identifying opportunities through effective questioning and active listening
- Provide end to end management of Microsoft Partner requests and remove as much effort from the partner experience as possible
- Enthusiastically tell the Microsoft Partner Network and Cloud Solution Provider value prop and develop an understanding of partners and customers’ needs for both immediate issue resolution as well as future hurdles to overcome and opportunities available.
- Accurately route/hand off to other Microsoft services/teams if needed and, typically, as a last resort. If a “misroute” is received, goal should be to understand why, how to uptrain if other skills are needed or how to address root cause to minimize partner bounce up front.
- Ensure that customers and partners are aware of, and can take advantage of, all relevant Microsoft offerings, resources and services.
2+ years of experience in customer service environments
Proven capability to learn new products/programs and Capable of independently researching undocumented processes and issues
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Excellent English skills both written and verbal
- Strong active listening skills
- Ability to speak and write clearly, to establish quick rapport with a customer, instill confidence and demonstrate passion in meeting and exceeding customer’s expectations, including ability to identify and diffuse varying customer emotions and adapting language accordingly
- Ability to control and influence the conversation sentiment to ensure a positive overall outcome at the end of the interaction as perceived by the customer.
- Ability to adapt and flex style according to customer personality, culture, and profile (i.e. customers' new to technology and experienced pros alike).
- Efficiently respond to a dynamic online environment; Exemplifies curiosity for campaigns and demonstrates the ability to quickly and accurately consume new product and marketing information required to effectively help the customer.
- Technical knowledge: Passion for Microsoft Product and Services
- Help customers discover, buy, use, and love Microsoft products that meet and exceeds their needs; The advocate enjoys interactions with customers and is passionate about owning the support interaction through to the end
- Ability to efficiently navigate multiple open windows and monitors
- Confidence and competence to stay on task in a demanding fast-paced environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.