|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure LinuxSolutionsteam has adynamic andimpactfulcharter: grow Linux adoption across Azure. Linux and OSS workloads are one of the fastest growing areas in Azure,and we are seekingpassionate teammates tohelpbuild the best end-to-end experience for ourLinux-first customers.
We’re looking forstrongProgram Managers whoare enthusiastic about making Linux a best-in-class developer experienceinAzure. Do you love exploring newOSS technologies? Do you obsess overfantastic user experiences? Can you champion Linux to all ofAzure?
In this role, you will work to identify new opportunities forLinuxgrowth, strengthen our partnerships with the OSS ecosystem, andwork with teams across Azure todrive the Linux roadmap.
A successful candidate will have a strong technical ability, excellent communication skills, analytical reasoning,and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Become an expert on how Linux and OSS workloads are run on Azure. Be the champion and voice of our customers. Establish deep customer relationships and bring their feedback toengineering teams.
- Perform market research and help to drive strategic decisions for new investment areas. A big part of this role will bekickstarting new efforts so you must be comfortable working well in ambiguity.
- Identify new partnerships and strengthen existing ones, both internal and external. Work closely with the OSS ecosystem to ensure that their products integrate well with Azure.
- Collaboratewithandinfluenceteams. You’llbeworkingwith teams in compute, containers, networking, storage, securityand moreto build a great end-to-endLinuxexperience. A strong collaborative personality is essential to the role.
- 3+ years of industry experience in Program Management or Product Management
- 1+ years of Linux and/or OSS experience
- Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent industry experience
- Previous experience using and building cloud-based services such as infrastructure, data, storage, or developer tools.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.