|Job Type:||Full Time|
The vision of the Azure Production Infrastructure Engineering (PIE) group is to make it easy for everyone to create, consume, and manage planetary-scale, reliable cloud production services and infrastructure to achieve more. As a team, we bring together significant and complementary capabilities with tooling, infrastructure, monitoring and insights in new ways to increase our perspective. Our diversity of knowledge and experience comes together for the benefit of our users, our colleagues, our business, and ourselves.
Our team develops software that collects and analyzes telemetry for crashes and other system anomalies. We seek an experienced software engineer to provide technical and team mentorship as we bring our expertise to additional environments within Azure. You will be collaborating directly with our partners and customers to assess requirements, determine best practices, guide our designs, and resolve production issues.
We follow agile methodologies with a focus on efficiency, iterating quickly and failing fast. This role will focus on adapting our existing collection and analysis architecture to support crash artifacts from Linux and container environments on multiple processor architectures. Along the way, you will gain experience developing on the Azure platform and become a leader in analyzing reliability issues across the cloud.
- Collaborate directly with customers and partners to prioritize requirements and possible solutions
- Design and implement high quality software in C/C++ using best principles
- Implement and improve crash telemetry agents in C/C++, gathering user and kernel crash artifacts from multiple operating environments
- Examine user and kernel crash artifacts and determine root cause
- Regularly improve our build, test, and deployment infrastructure
- 6+ years’ experience coding C/C++ and/or C# with re-usable design patterns, e.g. Object-Oriented principles
- 6+ years’ experience developing cross-platform software for at least two of: Linux, BSD, MacOS, or Windows
- 3+ years’ Experience with command-line debuggers, e.g: one or more of gdb, lldb, WinDbg, dbx, sdb, etc.
- 3+ years’ Experience extending system software or analyzing system software failures
- Experience extending automated unit and integration tests
- Experience extending system software or analyzing system software failures
- A BS or MS degree in Computer science or equivalent experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.