|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Teams is core to Microsoft's vision for intelligent communications and productivity pane into modern workplace. We are fast becoming the hub for teamwork in Office 365 with hundreds of thousands of organizations and tens of millions of users across the globe using Teams. Microsoft Teams now has 75+ M daily users, cementing it as the fastest growing business application in Microsoft history. The journey has just started, and we are looking for a great Software Engineer to help us keep the momentum going and revolutionize the Enterprise and Consumer space.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to provide technical leadership and drive implementation of client instrumentation and data collection frameworks. We are working to maximize the value of telemetry - to understand customer usage, enable rapid detection and debugging of issues across the Teams organization, and drive strategic investment to make customers successful.
Our culture is inclusive, casual and high energy; our team members come from diverse backgrounds, thrive through teamwork, and are grounded in our customer needs. The team collaboration space is going through rapid growth. People can learn new technologies and grow their career quickly.
- We’re a savvy group of generalizing specialists; we blend years of Software Engineering expertise with tools like React, Angular, Apollo, GraphQL, and Typescript to empower an entire organization to build great software.
- We take pride in building highly reliable systems that produce and enrich over 100 billion events per day to deliver business and engineering insight
- We deliver in near real time datasets that drive business and operational KPIs across the Teams organization
- You have deep domain knowledge of instrumenting responsive client applications
- You have end to end architectural understanding of connected apps (like Teams) and supporting backend services
- You have a good sense of craftsmanship in the solutions you create and an idea about how software should and should not be built
- You seek out opportunities to learn new skills and technologies
- You have a history of successful software delivery
- You can drive successful cross-organizational initiatives
- You think about how best to empower engineers with the tools they need to be successful
- You build for the future
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop overall product vision as well as strategies on how to realize the vision by identifying technical challenges & proposing solutions.
- Design, develop and maintain front-end components that power the Telemetry systems for Microsoft Teams
- Help stand up scalable and reliable services with great monitoring and telemetry support
- Champion best practices, tools and processes for a data-driven, quality-focused release of Microsoft Teams as frequently as possible to our customers
- Mentor and drive technical excellence on the Engineering team
- 4+ years hands on development experience
- Experience operationalizing and supporting services
- Cloud and services experience, with Azure cloud experience highly desirable.
- Ability to communicate technical details clearly across organizational boundaries.
- Data driven, customer focused, and organized
- Self-motivated with a strong drive for reaching across teams and organizations to make progress collaboratively.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering OR equivalent years of work experience.
If this sounds like you, then come do great things with us!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.