|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. The Content & Learning (C&L) organization within the Cloud + AI division plays a critical role in this mission by providing free, first-party technical documentation, interactive training, and solution guidance to individuals around the world, helping people learn, adopt, and use Microsoft technologies to achieve their goals.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated leader to join the Operational Excellence and Governance team which drives scalability and process improvements across the organization. This role will work closely with the C&L Content and C&L Partnerships teams to assess demand for content creation, establish and maintain a resource capacity plan. As the Content organization continuously evolves to support the increasing demand, this role will be critical in assessing resourcing options via scenario planning. The position will ensure that resource planning within the organization improves efficiency, maximizes capacity, and minimizes cost. The incumbent will also be responsible for release planning of major Developer events like Microsoft Build and Ignite.
This role requires being passionate about customers and use a data-driven approach to collaborate cross-functionally to drive the growth of our technical documentation, interactive training, and solution guidance. You must possess strong analytical skills, be able to influence using your data analysis expertise without authority and enjoy learning. You will need to be adept at interacting, communicating, and partnering with other teams as well as representing your team to executive management.
The responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain a resource capacity plan for all Cloud + AI content development.
- Communicate these plans and report on their execution to various stakeholders, and continuously improve the planning and execution cycle.
- Evolve the capacity planning tool to suit the needs of the business partnering with C&L Analytics.
- Monitor performance by analyzing performance statistics, evaluating capacity to meet demand, keeping potential productivity, quality, service standards in mind.
- Prepare management reporting by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data trends and developing recommendations.
- Assist with business impact assessment of key improvement initiatives and programs.
- Lead the event planning and release management for large events like Build, Ignite etc.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Operations Research, Statistics, Engineering or a related field
- 3+ years of capacity planning, business analytics, planning systems
- 3+ experience with process improvement, systems development, and project management
- Demonstrated knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques
- Experience with a data-driven mindset and ability to experiment, learn, and improve
- Ability to partner with senior leadership, building relationships across organizational boundaries
- Experience with Change Management including the ability to work with improvement team sponsors to address barriers
- Ability to make independent decisions, self-starter, ability to perform with minimal supervision.
- High attention to detail
- Fun to work with, a positive attitude, customer empathy, and a passion for cloud computing at Microsoft
- Good organizational skills and an eye for detail
- Ability to drive cross-group problem solving, customer advocacy and ability to apply creativity, critical thinking in a dynamic working environment across content and engineering
- A passion for identifying places we can improve coupled with communication skills to contribute to the broader organization
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and cross-group collaborative skills
- Embodies the values of growth mindset, diversity, and inclusion
- Passion for learning and inspiring others to continually learn
This organization is looking for candidates who are excited to be a true customer advocate and influence the next generation of technical content for cloud computing at Microsoft. You will be a meaningful part of a growing team that values diversity of thought and recognizes everyone for their personal strengths and desire to learn and grow. If you are a PM who is creative, loves to learn, is passionate about customers and content who can deliver results; C&L in Developer Relations is a great place for you to work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.