|Job Type:||Full Time|
Commercial Software Engineering is seeking a Principal Software Engineer with a passion for coding. You will be working with the latest Microsoft services and developing cloud solutions alongside our customers. The candidate will have the technical expertise and problem-solving skills to build strong and influential relationships with customers by helping them solve their most complex technical problems related to identity. As part of the role, the candidate will need to work closely with other engineering teams, provide partner feedback, and influence the roadmap for future product releases.
- Advising on the Identity and Access Management architecture, authentication, and authorization solutions for Microsoft’s most influential customers.
- Developing open source solutions that solve issues for and enhance the Microsoft Identity Platform using Microsoft Azure and various client and server technologies.
- Being a subject matter expert in the identity space to build code and other technical artifacts to support customer engagements, training events, and future Microsoft offerings.
- Evaluating future product roadmaps and working closely with product engineering teams to ensure our customers’ needs are being met.
- Developing and fostering new ways of thinking across teams within the company to improve quality, productivity, and responsiveness to feedback and changing priorities.
- Industry experience designing and developing enterprise scale services & platforms of 10 years or more.
- Expertise developing solutions in a public cloud (E.g. Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCP) for 3 years or more.
- Proven experience working with and developing solutions that integrate with Identity and Access Management.
- Demonstrated mastery of OAuth and OIDC flows.
- Experience in a DevOps culture supporting live site.
- Experienced agile practitioner (certified scrum master, scrum developer or scrum professional).
- Experience with testing frameworks and TDD.
- Experience working with Program Management, Business & Audience teams to understand business scenarios and map them to technical architecture & designs.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience.
- Willing and able to travel, domestically and internationally, up to 25% of the time.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.