|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Operations and Innovation (CO+I) is the team behind the cloud. CO+I is responsible for delivering over 200 Microsoft web portals, Live and Online Services around the world including infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability.
As a member of this team, you will work directly with engineers across the company and across the world to design HW from concept to data center deployment.
You will work with internal partners to develop requirements and specifications and you will partner with ODM/OEM companies to deliver on that vision. You will develop the firmware that will execute the sequence of operations of critical environment systems used by Azure data centers world-wide.
- Collaborate with hardware manufacturing partners to write and review the specifications of PCBA
- Develop secure microcontroller firmware to communicate with sensors, actuators and external systems
- Collaborate with controls automation engineers to understand the product requirements and translate it into the design of the new printed circuit board assembly
- Travel to visit partners for design review meetings, tests and reviews with Microsoft Research Centers
- Test and validate prototypes. Develop the sequence of testing and source code to be used by the manufacturer
- Experience developing C ANSI embedded system's software for 2+ years using physically secure micro controllers integrated with cloud providers (ex operating system automated updates or over the air updates)
- Experience developing from scratch in C ANSI industrial controls protocols based on the specification (Modbus) and integrated source protocols like BACNet and TLS+MQTT
- Experience creating system's architecture based on secure IoT controllers
- Experience using Microsoft Azure Sphere & Azure Sphere Cloud Services
- Understanding of I2C, PWM, ADC, UART, SPI for PCBA development
- Design, review the PCBA block diagram and develop the firmware for high precision ADC sensors
- Technical understanding of temperature and humidity sensors, actuators, relays for high Amperage equipment
- Specification of the PCBA circuitry and possible interfaces (UART, I2C, SPI) to create IO expansion with other modules
- Define PCBA circuitry to meet input and output requirements for analog input/output, digital input/output, tri-state outputs
- 2-year experience on development of industrial network protocols: Modbus, BACnet MSTP, TLS+MQTT
- 2-year experience with embedded systems development using Microsoft Azure Sphere and integration with Azure Sphere Services
- Setup Linux GCC toolchain (cross-compiler, debugger) to compile the source code from x86 host to ARM. Understanding of trade-offs of dynamic linkage vs static link
- Strong knowledge of the ARM architecture ARM Cortex A7, ARM Cortex M4F
- Secure firmware development using C ANSI with real time operating system development experience
- Develop unit testing, functional testing and the use of source code management git
- Setup automated pipelines and create python scripts for integration of production mainline with execution of unit testing; functional testing; deployment of mainline code into physical hardware. Create test metrics as part of the approval process to deploy the code into production
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.