|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you excited about working on a new AI product that augments humans who need to reason with unstructured information?
The AI empowerment team is well on its way to create this breakthrough product in long-term partnership with a handful of the largest enterprises globally. The product harvests, creates and harnesses a diverse range of AI models and automatically makes their output intelligible to humans on demand. Our product design point is to help people make sense of information buried in mountains of documents, conversations, photos, videos, 2D and 3D scans, molecular and genetic representations, and emerging device and sensor signals.
If you are looking for an environment that actively blurs the distinction between engineers and applied scientists, and where involving the customer is just another day at the office, then this is the team for you.
One important component of this project is an information organization engine that constructs the AI vertical use cases coordinating a diverse range of AI models to provide useful and intelligent insights to the user, to augment human reasoning over unstructured data. The AI model outputs are organized systematically and organically to best accomplish the index building and serving scenarios.
- Work closely with the applied scientists to deeply understand the AI models.
- Help design the pipeline and information structure based on the models to help human reasoning over unstructured data.
- Help design and implement the services for index building and index serving, or similar components.
- Help scale and stabilize the services.
- Work closely with other cloud service components in the project.
- Prior experience with machine learning and AI deep learning.
- 3+ years of professional experience designing, implementing, and shipping a cloud service.
- 3+ years of experience in C#, Java, C++ or a similar language.
- A master’s degree (or higher) in CS, Math, Physics, Engineering, or other technical field.
- Solid design, programming and problem-solving skills.
- Prior experience with Azure ecosystem, for example, Azure Search, Azure Cognitive Service, Azure Machine Learning, etc.
- Fluent in multi-threaded, asynchronous, and systems programming.
- Prior experience with search engine and efficient serving of AI models is preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.