|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Capacity, Supply Chain and Provisioning (CSCP) is the engine that powers Microsoft's cloud services. The group is responsible for designing, building and operating Microsoft’s global datacenters; managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure; and responsible for all operations needed to run the physical infrastructure (including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams). We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data-driven engineering, cost‐effectiveness and environmental sustainability. We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's 200+ online businesses including Azure, Office 365, Bing, Xbox Live, Skype, and OneDrive. Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 200 datacenters and more than three million servers. Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts working 24x7x365 to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
Spares and Warranty Management Overview
As a key enabler of Microsoft’s Cloud growth, the Sr Director of Spares and Warranty is tasked with driving a world class reverse supply chain operation with the focus on customer service, global scale, and cost optimization. This leader will be responsible for transforming the existing Spares and Warranty business by ensuring that the infrastructure and capabilities are built into the future roadmap which will increase customer satisfaction, drive agility, and provide cost optimization.
A successful candidate must have demonstrated the ability to:
- Define a technically and financially sound strategic vision to drive the Microsoft Cloud Spares and Warranty function to be world class within the next 3 years
- Communicate at an executive level the strategic and tactical plans to achieve this world class vision
- Drive cross organization alignment of the strategy and define the tactical initiatives required to execute the strategy with solid project-management and problem-solving skills
- Lead with customer focus and empathy along with an extraordinary passion for making an impact on the business
- Lead and manage an organization of professionals with multinational accountability (including remote team management)
- Strong influencing skills and ability to build partnerships, across multiple levels, with internal organizations and external suppliers
- Results oriented program management to effectively lead cross-organizational teams to decisions, to define schedules, determine ROI, identify and manage risks
- Implement key technologies e.g. AI, Blockchain, Big Data, Cloud (Azure), SAP, etc.
- Manage service and support delivery to global data center footprint
- Define a global server and network parts sparing and stocking inventory strategy
- Drive executive and internal partner alignment on the strategy, execution initiatives and metrics
- Define internal business success measures (e.g., OKRs) and partner with the software development teams to deliver the required automation to achieve those goals
- Maintain server and network parts inventory forecast based upon cost, usage, trends, estimated procurement volumes, repair volumes to determine the optimal inventory levels in support of agreed on service levels
- Manage engagement with suppliers that includes defining a consistent set of expectations across our supplier base, driving them to deliver on those contractual commitments, measuring performance and managing deviations from expectations
- Manage budget planning, tracking, and forecasting in collaboration with Finance
- Manage a team of spares and warranty professionals
- Drive YoY service level improvements at lower cost
- Drive Rhythm of the Business
- BS/MS degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or related discipline
- 15+ years of cloud supply chain, repair operations, or hardware manufacturing experience
- 10+ years of leadership experience, with demonstrated ability to recruit, lead, motivate and develop a diverse results-oriented team
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies e.g. AGILE, Waterfall
- Proven leader with expertise in international service delivery
- Cloud / high tech supply chain experience
- Greenbelt and ITIL Certified a plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.