|Job Type:||Full Time|
For best results, use Google Chrome to view this page.
A career at Brown-Forman is just like a good bottle of bourbon: unique and refined, with a bit of a kick. Making our products from barrel to bottle requires detailed planning along each step. Just like bourbon production, our employees work in many different aspects to create the best possible product. This way, our customers can enjoy the world-class brands we promise to deliver. Here’s the kicker - we, too, get to enjoy this process, just one of the sweet benefits of leading the market with the world’s favorite whiskey. Whether in the ground, in the store, or in the office, we hand pick all of our ingredients in order to be proud of what we achieve.Meaningful Work From Day One
Lead all Human Resource initiatives for Global Production in the areas of Finance, Technical Services (Research & Development, Packaging, Quality), Engineering, and HR Managers reporting to this position with responsibility for Woodford Reserve and Old Forester Distilleries and Sonoma-Cutrer Vineyard. Responsible for performance and leadership coaching, employee development, employee relations and various other activities to build management strength and leadership capability. Fosters a culture of teamwork and continuous improvement. Promotes a shared understanding of organizational values, operating principles, and cultural change imperatives and work to align HR policies and processes to support the achievement of business goals.
What You Can Expect
Function and Plant HR Leadership:
o Serve as a thought partner to the business leader and leadership team of each assigned group on all things related to organization and talent development, change leadership, coaching, learning and development.
o Provide overall leadership and direction to the HR Managers supporting sites at Woodford Reserve and Old Forester Distilleries and Sonoma-Cutrer, all non-union plants
o The HR Manager will be the on-the-ground, day to day HR leader at the site reporting into this role.
o Engage regularly with the teams supporting to create a positive and productive employee relations environment while providing feedback for pro-active intervention and resolution of people-related concerns. Partner with key stakeholders to develop strategies and mitigate risk.
o Engage regularly with the team to create an environment where we encourage diversity of thought and leverage the capabilities of all people.
Coach & Facilitate:
o Provide direction and support on day to day HR management processes, facilitating the execution of people and business strategies through people and organizational development.
o Ability to develop creative strategies, problem solving options based on evaluation of needs and clear deliverables and timelines.
o Partner with leaders and employees to support people development strategies/plans, coach employees, performance management, training, etc.
o Provide direction and support on the process to ensure robust conversations occur between managers and employees regarding performance, including honest and accurate feedback, and the process in place to facilitate goal alignment, rating decisions, merit and bonus decisions.
o Lead the organization in the appropriate assessment of talent recognizing the highest potential employees in groups require transparency in their messages and detailed development plans linked to key positions in the organization.
o Oversight and leadership of the talent acquisition process, ensuring a robust process for recruiting, interviewing and hiring from a diverse pool of candidates
o Supporting the full organization in its ability to build their own development plans to support growth in place and /or pointed towards career interests ensuring their success and readiness for those roles.
o Support all employees in their development with organization-wide training focused on technical and leadership training. Coach and develop the talent to ensure we have ready, capable leaders. Support development plans broadly that are customized to individuals at all levels to ensure a pipeline of talent.
Change & Diversity Management:
o Lead by example in the diversity and inclusion strategy for the company actively engaging in this work and creating an environment of inclusive leadership.
o Partner with leaders in change efforts for the organization providing the structure and framework that facilitates the desired outcome.
We Are Looking For People Who
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field and 7-10 years experience or equivalent education and experience.
- An HR Business Partner with demonstrated experience aligning HR initiatives to the business needs as part of a cross-functional leadership team in either a corporate and/or manufacturing environment. Demonstrated ability to provide coaching and counsel on sensitive employee, leader and organization issues
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable employment and labor laws
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and facilitate discussions and/or training in one-on-one and group setting
- High degree of personal credibility stemming from the person’s ability to be objective, confidential, exercise integrity and sound judgment
- Demonstrated interest and willingness to engage with the organization at all levels – giving of expertise, sharing frameworks for success, and opportunities to work with and through issues, plans and projects
- Excellent collaboration, relationship, communication, coaching and influencing skills
What You Can Add to the Team
- Certifications: PHR, SPHR, or other related HR certifications
- HR experience in a union environment
- Project management experience
- Spanish Language
Grade 32 National
Number of Openings Available:1