|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina, Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas, Issaquah, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Director in Engineering Group Support Business Units (SBUS), Customer Service and Support (CSS), Worldwide Services
Do you bleed “Customer Obsession”? Are you passionate about driving a great customer support experience for our family of Surface devices? Do you genuinely lead with sincerity and humility, and drive relentlessly for results and continuous improvement?
This role requires a smart, highly motivated self-starter, and genuine leader. In this role you will manage a small team of Supportability Program Managers and Support Planners focused on driving a best in class support experience for our family of Surface devices. You and the team will help drive improvements to the overall customer support experience (including products, service and ecosystem) by providing the customer perspective backed up by data, in a well-articulated manner that clearly identifies opportunities for improving the customer support journey and creating customer loyalty and satisfaction. You will champion and drive proactive customer centric features into the products and our self-help services, with the goal of eliminating, preventing and aiding in the resolution of customer issues with our family of Surface devices. The successful candidate is a dynamic individual with a track record of self-improvement, persistence in driving towards goals even in the face of adversity, focus on results, and an ability to draw the best out of people in a genuine way. The person hired for this position must be able to use data to develop insights and use these to influence the appropriate stakeholders. Technical skills, strong program management skills, and excellent verbal/written communication skills are a must.
Support Journey Planning: Design, create and implement world-class support journeys that empower our customers to achieve their goals with our family of Surface devices. When customers are faced with needing help for their product or service you will be responsible for an effortless support experience. Designing for in-product, web and assisted support (Phone, Chat) support. The team will understand our competition and learn from leaders in the customer experience world. Using qualitative and quantitative data to articulate the proposed customer experience design and expected success.
Release and Readiness: Drive your team to deliver release roadmaps and build comprehensive views of engineering release pipeline through engagement with the engineering product team
- Ensure your team commence release mgmt. processes, working closely with Release Excellence, Coordinate readiness activities, incl. content development for training, in a timely manner to meet the product/service timeline.
Supportability: Proactively drive support experience improvement with relevant engineering leadership stakeholders, including influencing product improvements on basis of customer feedback gathered from support channels.
Lead your team to provide feedback based on case analysis to the engineering product team that feeds into reactive (e.g. bug fixes) as well as proactive/predictive (e.g. auto-healing) product development work to drive reduction in support volumes
- Construct an evidence based business case for significant engineering changes required
- Direct proactive and predictive measures (auto-healing, deflection, self-service automation), as well as reactive measures (bug fixes)
Success Measures: Customer satisfaction, Issue resolution and incident volume reduction, Strong relationship with engineering and marketing teams, Comprehensive and meticulous product release and readiness planning, with high degree of agent enablement for new product releases.
- 5+ years of business leadership experience; self-motivated, confident working at a senior level.
- Strong global communication skills, and skills in building organizational partnerships - across a complex stakeholder network in CSS, Engineering and Marketing teams. Ability to navigate and influence in a matrixed organization.
- Technical fluency/acumen
- Demonstrated experience/ability in leading both direct and virtual teams with a broad array of skills to ensure best-in-class customer outcomes.
- Creates clarity for teams, translating complex ideas and issues into clear and consumable strategy for technical products
- Demonstrated experience in leading organizations through to success - drafting right strategy, working as necessary with employees at different levels, investing effort in building right stakeholder partnerships, etc.
- Ability to create effective relationships, listen, communicate, influence, be persistent, patient and collaborate cross-team at all organizational levels
- Brings passion and energy to create a vibrant culture of diversity and inclusion within their organization.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or experience commensurate with job expectations for this leadership position is required.
Note: While this role is posted in the United States, given the global scope of this role we encourage applications from candidates based at any of CSS’s major sites worldwide. We may also consider exceptional candidates from other locations, and in these circumstances would expect extensive time spent at those sites
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.