|Location:||New Albany, Ohio|
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Responsible for leadership on all planned activity on all platforms. Progress to Subject Matter Expert for all platforms, to include supporting PULSE, DCI, and Discover Network business offerings. Pro-actively diagnose problems through analysis of reports and alarms from system management platforms. React independently and decisively within a limited scope of action to mitigate impact during both Discover system incidents and customer system incidents. Provide team representation during root cause analysis and post mortem review of outages. Contribuite to quarterly, mid-year, and year end performance evaluations for analyst. Scheduling for all shift staffing monitoring PTO, Tardy, and shift personnel work from home.
- Monitors systems delivering critical, core services including online transaction switching, settlement and fee billing, dispute resolution, file distribution and fraud detection. Performs daily activities such as batch operations, starting/stopping services, monitoring traffic volumes and performance
- Analyzes and takes action to mitigate impact as a result of either company or customer system issues. Analysts are expected to work directly with customers to determine a course of action during outages and execute appropriate commands to stop impact. Analysts will also work with internal and vendors support teams to analyze and determine course of action during system events
- Contributes to and participate in change and incident management process including participation in system/application upgrades or DR exercises. Identifies service improvement or efficiency initiatives. Looks for ways to automate processes on a continual basis.
- Provides guidance to junior analysts as Subject Matter Experts in systems management and procedures. Contribute to quarterly, mid-year, and year end performance evaluations for analyst. Scheduling for all shift staffing monitoring PTO, Tardy, and shift personnel work from home.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or Engineering
- 4 + years in IT Operations, or related experience
- 6+ years in IT Operations, or related experience
- ITIL foundations, or related certification
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.