|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure Internet of Things team is at the forefront of the next digital transformation. We’re creating a platform that empowers our users to create Connected Environments, which help them understand assets, processes, and customer sentiment in order to make better business decisions. The products we make have direct impact on real world challenges like climate change, smart cities, healthcare and transportation. If you are looking for direct product influence, real-world scenarios, intriguing design problems, and a highly engaged team, then join our fast growing team of designers and researchers with this unique opportunity to work in IoT. Learn more about Microsoft's investment in Azure IoT.
We are looking for a Senior UX designer to solve complex customer needs with clarity and simplicity. You'll work on a multidisciplinary team comprised of interaction, visual, and content designers, as well as user researchers to co-create Azure Internet of Things product experiences. Our team is part of larger design studio at Microsoft called the Cloud + AI Design Studio which is reshaping the digital experiences for modern cloud-based applications and services. The team is comprised of widely talented and diverse individuals with interesting backgrounds and eclectic passions. It’s an atmosphere where creativity and innovation thrive, where you can solve hard problems, and make a positive impact every day.
The C+AI Design Studios team is eager to review your application!
- Take product requirements and produce design artifacts such as scenarios, flows, information architecture diagrams, sketches, wireframes, and high-fidelity mockups
- Present and explain your design decisions to teammates both on the design team as well as program managers, developers, and other stakeholders
- Collaborate with user research to test features and incorporate user feedback into the design iterations
- Work with the team to improve consistency and pattern reuse across the entire product family
- Model best practices in user experience design in your daily work
- Bachelor's Degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Communication Arts, Information Design or related field; or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of industry experience in interactive design, and/or visual design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to make compelling and clear design presentations
- Ability to quickly produce elegant and easily understood diagrams, wireframes, and other design artifacts
- Ability to work independently through ambiguous situations, and in undefined product areas and features
- The ability to scope and estimate efforts accurately and prioritize tasks and goals independently
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, and / or Sketch, and/or Figma
- A high quality portfolio is critical to interview for this role, both in terms of demonstrating your experience and as an example of your ability to create a compelling design presentation. Your portfolio should demonstrate a blend of interaction and visual design reflecting your skills and work experience
- Experience designing user experiences for enterprise software/services or other complex work flow products
- Experience creating and applying design principles and interaction patterns
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.