|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is looking for a motivated & inspiring leader to join World Wide Product Line of Business team, a highly influential group within the Devices Supply Chain organization, responsible for driving end to end supply chain strategy & performance to enable achievement of the financial & overall category targets for Microsoft devices such as Xbox, Surface & products of the future.
Supply Strategist will lead development & oversee execution of global supply positioning strategies across all stages of the product lifecycle, ensuring that inventory is positioned to deliver working capital, cost, and service goals. You’ll be working closely with Product Marketing, Finance & various groups within Supply Chain to establish & manage supply plan of record. Every day will be bringing a new challenge, and you’ll be continually looking for ways to drive business profitability by planning and executing a predictable, reliable & low-cost supply chain.
The ideal candidate must combine exceptional analytical capabilities, have deep supply chain knowledge & a proven track record of improving business performance by driving cross-functional alignment & exerting influence in a matrixed organization.
- Own supply commitment (plan of record) to ensure the right product (sku) in the right place (geo, segment, channel) at the right time (cost, lifecycle)
- Own end to end inventory throughout forward and reverse supply chain, making sure appropriate visibility and actions are in place to support MS inventory investment decisions
- Own development & execution of supply fulfillment strategies to achieve the approved S&OP plan in the optimal way, balancing cost, service, and P&L objectives
- Leverage data analyses and channel insights to drive on / off reservation decisions and the implementation of fulfillment models / target segmentation profiles globally
- In partnership with Finance, monitor product P&L and drive the right levers to enable profitability
- Manage component and finished good liability and own the final input into Finance for
- E&O reserves and action to drive depletion
- Drive policy decisions and executional plans to achieve line of business goals in a more scalable, standardized, low touch manner
- Manage and monitor line of business metrics at global and regional level, identifying opportunities /risks and driving corrective actions
- Enable structure, rhythms, and processes to comprehensively manage operational activities and critical dependencies required to ensure attainment of supply commitments & achievement of targets
- Six or more years of relevant experience, preferably within high-tech manufacturing, consumer electronics and supply chain industry
- Broad and extensive supply chain experience, such as new product introduction, supply planning, demand management and forecasting, channel operations management
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically with a hands-on spirit
- Advanced conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
- Leadership of complex cross functional projects, with proven ability to meet challenging organizational objectives
- Ability to partner at senior levels to design and implement programs & solutions
- Knowledge of business systems and information technology for managing supply chain
- Good business judgment, exceptional communication skills and ability to resolve conflicts diplomatically
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, operations management, or engineering
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.