|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. In order to deliver on that promise, we look to build and deliver diverse services, platforms, and products through the talent we attract and by seeking out companies that are well positioned in structurally important and growing markets. Acquisition of communities, networked assets, and innovative technology that are aligned with Microsoft’s strategic priorities are critical to our company’s momentum.
The Microsoft Acquisition and Venture Success (MAVS) practice provides multi-disciplinary integration advisory services for all acquisitions and divestitures at Microsoft as well as support strategic ventures. We focus on comprehensive due diligence, integration planning, post-close implementation, and deal performance governance with insight, clarity, and adaptable solutions that align people, product, go-to-market, and operational processes. We focus on mitigating risks, building robust integration plans, and driving connection that ensure we can realize the value of each acquisition or venture. This is a team of fast-paced and ambitious individuals who are energized by collaboration and delivering in a dynamic environment. We work with all levels within Microsoft and acquired companies, across all functional areas, and regions.
A core team within the practice is Integration Management (IM) which is responsible for building, evolving, and managing the acquisition success process. We are looking for an innovative, culture-driven, and collaborative leader with acquisition expertise ranging from integration strategy to operational execution to lead, manage and grow a strong cadre of Integration Managers, drive collaboration with all functions across the MAVS practice, and provide leadership on a diverse set of transactions.
- Actively manage, leverage, and develop a team of senior integration professionals as we continue to scale support of Microsoft’s range of acquisition and strategic venture activity
- Leadership in deal workstreams that brings understanding, options, and definition of the overall due diligence and integration strategy that is needed to assess and deliver on strategic rationale, financial business case as well as cultural and ownership fit
- Partner with senior leadership, business partners to ensure integration and governance requirements connect with business and compliance objectives
- Create and lead large, diverse and inclusive, global, cross-functional virtual teams of internal partners, business leaders, and functional experts to execute deal plans and integration workstreams
- Facilitate timely communication and resolution of escalated integration issues, risks, and decisions across teams and stakeholders
- Active in MAVS community and evangelizes Microsoft’s integration expertise, internally and externally
- Create systems, processes and resource models ensuring team can respond to “speed of the deal”
- Share and learn from best practices, ensuring Microsoft remains an integration industry leader
- Minimum of 10 years of acquisition integration and/or M&A experience
- People management focus and ability to manage as well as develop diverse, sizable teams
- Passion for driving consistent and excellent application of the integration management practice throughout the entire acquisition or strategic venture process
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and partnerships with Corporate and Business Development, Engineering and Finance Leaders, and Functional teams
- Able to develop accountability and execution frameworks at a working team to executive level across multiple organizations
- Creates and invests in culture of collaboration, relationships, and talent development
- Ability to quickly and comfortably establish a breadth and depth of knowledge across Engineering, Finance, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Infrastructure, Operations, Real Estate, Security, and other extended teams
- Proven success in managing end-to-end integration of compliant M&A transactions in areas of planning, project management, negotiation, cross team engagement, and prioritization
- Strong communication and cross-cultural skills to be able to effectively interact with Microsoft executives and represent Microsoft to external company executive teams
- Must have ability to perform in an environment of ambiguity and make agile, thoughtful decisions within short timeframes
- Strategic thinker, strong planner, and operationally adept to drive excellence and continued transformation in acquisition and venture success
- BA/BS Degree required. MS, MA, MBA or like advanced degree preferred in Business or related field
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.