|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina, Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more? Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you. In Customer Service and Support, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
- Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
- Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
- Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
- One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
- Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
In Microsoft Services, we help businesses around the world to accelerate the power of Microsoft products and technologies. Working with 60,000 partners worldwide on some of the largest and most complex technological challenges around, we provide technical consulting and support services to 54 million customers. Across Enterprise Services and Customer Support Services, we have a global team of 10,000 professionals in 88 countries, and we draw on the full resources of the Microsoft organization worldwide.
We are looking for a self-motivated, fast learning Support Engineer who enjoys working in an agile environment. Must have strong customer handling skills, passion for technology and excellent technical coaching skills. This person will be working with our existing SQL BI technologies as well as the new Azure offerings. Come join the SQL BI Support team to help deliver the best in class customer service for the BI products that will disrupt and transform the market! If you’re looking for big technical challenges, career-growth potential, awesome teammates and a revolutionary product, then BI is the right place for you!
The Support Engineer is a trusted advisor to IT Professionals, you will have influence over a broad range of solutions that create business value for our customers. Your technical and relationship skills are critical to the success of the customer’s perception of value of the Microsoft solution. You will have a chance to solve technically complex problems for the some of the world’s largest companies, as well as smaller companies on the leading edge of their industry.
- Scope a customer issue by collecting the relevant facts and investigate the problem by doing your own research and by involving other teams as needed.
- Consult and collaborate with your immediate peers or colleagues around the world and with management and engineering to resolve service issues.
- Act internally as a customer advocate.
- Empower customers to find information, self-solve when they decide to, and learn more about Microsoft products, services and support.
- Advise customers on how to gain additional value from their Microsoft products.
- Document your technical work and research to help your colleagues, improve the product, and improve the support experience.
- Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying customer satisfaction concerns and managing customer expectations.
- 4+ years’ experience in a customer facing or customer support role with troubleshooting and problem-solving experience in a team environment
- 3+ years’ in one or more of the following:
- SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) or Power BI Report Server (PBIRS) or Power BI Paginated Reports
- Competitive Business Intelligence Products.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Must have flexibility to support the team on a weekend day as needed
- Ability to distill, prioritize and act on feedback from a variety of sources
- Conviction and courage to drive decisions and defend positions as appropriate
- Strong troubleshooting skills of complex technical issues involving multiple technologies
- Collaborative and inclusive mindset
- Strong ability to lead, perform, and deliver results in high pressure situations with multiple parties involved
Soft Skills Desired
- Strong customer service skills, accurate and logical problem solving, and communication skills, plus the ability to excel in a team environment is essential
- Adaptability, flexibility, and the ability to do the right thing under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills-both oral and written-and success in partnering with groups inside and outside of Microsoft
- Passion for technology, lifelong learning and professional development
- Experience in creating technical documentation and sharing knowledge with others through training delivery and mentoring
- Self-motivated and independent thinker that routinely translates circumstances and understanding into actions that move the business forward in a measurable manner
- Proficient in handling technically challenging customer situations, including the appropriate use of all available resources
- Effective, polished interaction with customer to gather information
- Demonstrable troubleshooting skills
- Cross-team collaboration
- Logical and Critical thinking
- Passion for the customer experience and customer support
Technical Skills Preferred
Primary responsibilities and knowledge requirements include a thorough understanding of one or more of the following products/technologies:
- SQL Server
- BI like ETL, Data warehousing management, Data Mining, Report Designer or developer
- SQL Azure Database or any other cloud-based database
- Heterogeneous Database Management Systems like Oracle, MySQL, etc.
- Power BI
- Understanding of cloud vs. on premise computing.
- SQL Server HA, Performance tuning, Index, Database Administration are strongly preferred.
- S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), MCSA: SQL Server is strongly preferred, but not required at hire. Related field (or equivalent) experience will be considered.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain a clearance at the level sought by our customers when required for the role. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits of working at Microsoft:
Microsoft values different life experiences and viewpoints. We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and encourage them to take risks and approach challenges unconventionally. We will invest in your health and financial future and encourage you to pursue your interests and passions away from the office. Our products and technologies help you balance life away from the office and enable you to manage your schedule efficiently.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We take your career seriously at Microsoft and will ensure that we provide regular reviews throughout the year to offer continuous feedback and support to inspire you, develop your skills and ensure your personal satisfaction and growth. The Microsoft performance philosophy recognizes higher performance with bigger rewards through a formal annual performance review.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.