|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference.Flipgrid’s mission is to empower everyone on the planet to share their voiceand respect the diverse voices of others.
The Flipgrid team has focused on student voices with our short-form video application and a rapidly growing, passionate community of educators that empowers over 100 million educators, learners, families, and organizations across 180 countries. Check out #FlipgridForAll on Twitter!
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about adding to our team culture and engaging the community we serve. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. You should be purposeful, quality-driven, curious, determined, collaborative and fun.
As a front-end engineer, you will be an integral part of our tight-knit group of dedicated problem solvers. The ideal candidate should be able to quickly make an impact on the web team and work with the largerFlipgridteam to deliveran innovativeand meaningful learning experience to millions of students and educators.
- Help lead the deliveryof web experiences that are highly crafted and rewarding to the Flipgrid community.
- Coordinate the collaboration between web, design, and product teams to ensure the goals of the product are aligned with the delivered feature or service.
- Architect and deliver experiences that are user-focused and adhere to accessibility standards.
- Work with the product development team in driving innovative approaches to solving complex problems.
- Develop and maintain code standards regarding quality, privacy, accessibility, security, documentation, etc.
- A strong commitment to mentorship andmaking your fellow engineers better.
- Experience building rich multimedia experiences using WebRTC.
- Experience developing features and experiences for large-scale,customer facing applications across both mobile and desktop.
- A strong working knowledge of REST APIs.
- Experience building accessible applications that follow WCAG and ADA specifications.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.