|Location:||Minneapolis, Minnesota, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference.Flipgrid’s mission is to empower everyone on the planet to share their voiceand respect the diverse voices of others.
The Flipgrid team has focused on student voices with our short-form video application and a rapidly growing, passionate community of educators that empowers over 100 million educators, learners, families, and organizations across 180 countries. Check out #FlipgridForAll on Twitter!
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about adding to our team culture and engaging the community we serve. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. You should be purposeful, quality-driven, curious, determined, collaborative and fun.
As a Platform Engineer dedicated to internal tooling, you will be an integral part of our tight-knit group of dedicated problem solvers. The ideal candidate should be able to quickly make an impact on the Platform team and work with the larger Flipgrid team to improve our tooling andhelpdeliver a meaning learning experience to millions of students and educators.
- Provide outstanding support to the Flipgrid team who utilize and depend on your tools and automation
- Identify problems or inefficiencies facing our team and drive adoption of new tools, process or infrastructure to help improve productivity
- Develop new tools to improve workflows across the organization
- Passion for debugging and solving technology problems at root cause
- Drive design of the software produced on the team, as well as define technical standards and patterns
- Develop solutions that enable internal analysts to efficiently extract insights from data
- Write clean and maintainable code that is efficient and reusable.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Willingness to work on the entire stack from back to front.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Follow best practices (continuous integration, TDD, code standards).
- Strong ability to collaborate with front-end clients/consumers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- A self-motivated and self-directed work ethic.
- Demonstrated ability to build new and maintain existing tools.
- A strong working knowledge of building and maintaining Rails applications.
- 3+ years of Ruby or Rails experience with an emphasis on building, maintaining, and testing large-scale applications.
- 3+ years of experience delivering solutions leveraging Relational Databases (PostgreSQL or MySQL).
- Strong working knowledge of the Azure or AWS cloud.
- Experience working in a Continuous Delivery environment.
- Experience with message queueing protocols (SQS, RabbitMQ or equivalent).
- Experience with ElasticSearch and Redis.
- Experience working with media pipelines (audio and video encoders, codecs and transcoding).
- Experience with ETL processes and process maintenance.
- Strong working knowledge running applications on Linux.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.