|Job Type:||Full Time|
In MicrosoftHealth Next, our goal is to accelerate innovation by bringing new AI and cloud- based services to life, to improvehealth outcomes and lower costs. Our team drives the cross-company strategy for healthcare and life sciences, and applies Microsoft's deep technical assets to improve healthcare and health equity around the world. We focus on technologies we believe will shape the industry in the 3-10 yeartime horizon, and bridge Microsoft Research and commercial products, as well as work on deep AI collaborations with customers and partners.
In your role as Principal SDE, you will work on real-world problems to create new meaning out of patient data, and create new cognitive services capabilities for health and life sciences customers. Youwill impact Microsoft's healthcare technical and product strategy and act as a technical lead on projects and mentor junior developers. You will work side-by-side with our data scientistsand researchers to deliver healthcare AI innovation projects and commercial solutions. An entrepreneurial, start-up approach and willingness to take end-to-end ownership are key, as is the ability to truly partner and collaborate across organizations.
As a key member of our multi-disciplinary team, you will:
- Leverage full-stack software engineering skills to deliver a better user experience to health care professionals
- Design, develop, and monitor cloud services and distributed systems
- Creativity and curiosity to build integration proof of concepts across the Microsoft and partner ecosystems
- Expand our ML engineering infrastructure to support a team of data scientists across the full lifecycle of data acquisition, annotation, modeling, and deployment
- Collaborate closely with teams inside & outside Microsoft
- Bring your curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit, and passion to deliver on the promise of technology in a difficult, competitive, and exciting vertical.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field
- 5+ years of experience delivering commercial technology solutions
- 5+ years of experience developing, deploying, and monitoring cloud services
- 2+ years ofexperiencedelivering machine learning applications or services
- Experience building and supporting reliable, scalable and secure services using cloud-based technologies and industry patterns / best practices
- Fluency with deep learning and ML Frameworks
- Demonstrated success as technical lead for large, complex projects to successful delivery
- Experience with one or more of the following computing platforms: Spark, DataBricks, Hadoop, MapReduce, etc.
- Demonstrated success working across organizational or company boundaries
- Curiosity with a desire to continuously learn, share and collaborate to improve yourself, and your teammates
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, adapt and prioritize in fast paced environment
- Strong verbal, visual, and written communication skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.