|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Responsible for leading and executing regional sales strategy to drive maximum revenue growth through our Electronic Distribution network. The Regional Distribution Manager will have a team of Distribution Sales Engineers as direct reports. Responsibility includes promoting TE technology & product to position TE for long-term growth, manage distribution programs from concept to completion, and develop a go to market strategy for proper market, distributor and customer alignment.
This is a key role within the regional sales team and reports to the Industrial Sales Leader for the Americas.
- Electronic Distribution growth through the development and execution of market-based sales strategy, platinum & regional distribution partner alignment, TE competitive positioning, and demand creation initiatives.
- Directly manage a team of Industrial Distribution Sales Engineers and coordinate with TE channel and cross-BU distribution sales teams to optimize overall TE growth through electronic distribution. Build and develop the capabilities of the sales teams to execute a go-to-market strategy.
- Build strategic, executive level customer relationships, demonstrate TE capabilities and technologies to the customer base, capture customer insights and translate that information into account and regional strategies to grow TE market share.
- Drive extraordinary customer experience (ECE) and help the team develop key relationships at focus accounts and electronic distribution branches
- Provide technical and customer insight to BU & Channel marketing teams to support product & application promotions at High Service Distributors.
- Lead sales efforts for promotion of NPI products and technologies to target customer segments.
- Build sales opportunity pipeline and conversion through the management of SFDC including a focus on Application Focus Growth (AFG) markets. Clear understanding of PAM, SAM, TAM and how to leverage regional sales teams most effectively to capture opportunities.
- Monthly S&OP reporting through alignment with channel finance and distribution partners to provide BU finance with 12-month forecasts for top 10 distributors.
- Clear alignment and communication with key internal stakeholders (BU leadership, Channel leadership, product management, pricing, operations, customer care).
- Management of Industrial stocking levels at key distribution partners that aligns around BU customer and strategic initiatives.
Key Performance indicators:
- Regional IND Channel POP & POS
- Monthly reports by Platinum / High Service / Region
- Focus Account growth
- Application Focus Growth (AFG) through channel
- Regional SFDC Pipeline & Conversion by IND product code (including accuracy)
- Regional NDR, CCR, MCP attainment & accuracy
- Regional QBUs with Platinum distributors – IND action focus
- Account plans for Focus Accounts
- S&OP Accuracy
- Employee Engagement Score
- 8 years connector & relay industry sales experience with a preferred background including electronic distribution
- Industry knowledge / experience on industrial related customers (ie: industrial motors, drives, lighting, etc.)
- Leadership skills with ability to successfully lead and develop diverse teams in a complex matrix environment
- Industry knowledge and business acumen on commercial sales
- Proven success on team leadership
- Should have had previous experience in account planning and relationship management
- Optimally have a deep and broad knowledge of TE connectivity’s technology and product portfolio and the markets they serve
- Experience with selling of electronic components similar to TE is also useful (connectors, sensors, filters, cable assemblies, distribution boxes, etc)
- Analytical and strong problem-solving skills.
- Exposure to large company processes and KPI expectations
- Degree in engineering field is a plus (mechanical / electrical engineering)
- Knowledge of systems (Salesforce.com, MS Office, SAP, etc.).
Particular Skills & Abilities Required:
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to build strong, credible relationships with multiple organization functions (inside and outside of TE)
- Clear, strategic thinker with the ability to execute on priorities. Strong sense of urgency and bias for action.
- Standalone attitude; can find the way to execute without a lot of supervision. Can challenge assumptions and communicate vision and purpose.
- Ability to work deadlines and challenging targets
- Ability to identify and pursue new business opportunities in line with business plans
- Can act under pressure
- Executive presence is a must
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups