Last updated 31 minutes ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Are you passionate about building scalable automation solutions to tackle business critical application challenges? If so, we want you to join our team!
Atlassian is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our IT Intelligent Automation team. Our fast moving team delivers self-serve platform solutions to address business problems & opportunities. We are always growing, learning, and adapting, in and out of the office. Our team is smart and direct; we ask difficult questions and challenge each other to constantly improve our work. We are driven but team oriented. We're dedicated to agile methodology. We know the importance of validating our assumptions about users and deploying various types of technologies to enable functional teams. Our bottom line is enabling the business & IT to consume quality integration assets with speed and agility - no matter what.
In this role you will:
- Define and drive the overall platform's strategic vision and architecture, such as platform roadmap, service roadmap, and technology selection
- Work with a myriad of different technologies (SaaS, open source, custom builds, and hybrids of the preceding) to solve real world business problems faced by multiple teams
- Build proofs of concept and reference applications to demonstrate technology in action
- Work with multiple teams to assist them in coming up to speed and deploying the solutions
- Build reusable assets and automations for SaaS platforms
- Work with different technologies with which you may be completely unfamiliar regularly
- Review, mentor and guide other software engineers to produce reliable and high quality code
- Articulate and educate on business value, technical and architectural concepts to a variety of audiences, including business users, developers, architects, IT operations professionals, and senior IT management
On day one, we’ll expect you to have:
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience with AWS infrastructure and/or Microservices
- Experience working in Middleware products such as TIBCO, MuleSoft, IBM Message Broker, Camunda, Workato, etc.
- A voracious appetite for learning new things
- Experience building, testing, deploying and managing applications
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Strong ability to speak to, as well as collaborate with, engineers, project managers, and business system analysts
- Experience with building platforms and frameworks that are used by other developers
- Experience translating stakeholders needs into product features
- U.S. Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study.
It’s awesome, but not required if you have:
- Experience building and deploying Docker containers
- Experience with BPMN, BPM, BRE, DMN, etc
- Experience with AI/ML, NLP, chatbots etc
- Experience with RPA
- Familiarity with Atlassian products
- A strong DevOps background
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.