|Job Type:||Full Time|
Be a part of the digital transformation revolution! The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the business landscape and Microsoft has emerged as a leading innovator in this field. The Azure IoT team is an open, fun and diverse team that is building platforms, accelerators, and SaaS offerings to support a commanding share of the 20 billion IoT devices predicted to be online by the end of this decade.
The Azure IoT team is looking for a seasoned engineer to join our Digital Twins effort. Azure Digital Twins is a developer platform (PaaS) for next-generation IoT solutions. Developers can model places and things in their business domain and drive these models with real time data from IoT devices and other data sources. Early versions of Digital Twins have already proven to help customers to turn the corner on problems such as reduction of energy usage, space utilization, productivity or electricity grid management.
You will be working on services responsible for high telemetry throughput, highly available low latency APIs, and seamless integration with other internal and external services. Candidates will enable massive scale, cloud applications that can be operated with ease across public datacenters around the world.
We're built on trust and teamwork, working toward shared goals and an iterative approach that delivers value and stability to our customers on a weekly basis. We are embracing open standards in this space and have contributed to open source projects to accelerate our investments. You will be an important part of a team of highly motivated and talented individuals and this is a great opportunity to challenge yourself, grow your career and influence the next generation of distributed systems platforms for Microsoft.
Successful candidates should have a strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals, sharp technical design skills, and a healthy appetite for tackling hard, ambiguous problems. If IoT has been on your radar and you are excited about exploring the power of IoT and the cloud to make the most of devices and smart business solutions, let's talk!
This position has direct and clear impact on our product and our customers. The scope of responsibilities includes:
- Building high scale distributed systems that are highly available, performant, and secure.
- Building on Azure services including Azure IoT to enable partnerships and scenarios.
- Working with partner teams across the company to integrate Microsoft technology with Digital Twins.
- Designing, developing, automating, and maintaining processes facilitating continuous delivery, service provisioning, throttling, software updates, configuration changes, and application deployment with zero downtime
- Implementing new features, increasing reliability, improving observability, improving security, and automating where possible.
- Measuring and monitoring application and infrastructure health
- Crafting APIs and infrastructure to support a wide-range of scenarios and services.
You can bring these skills to the role:
- A positive inquisitive attitude and a passion for software development.
- Ability to work within product teams as well as across multiple partner product groups or external partners.
- A minimum of 5 years development experience building and operating production code in Java, C#, and/or C++
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
○ Experience with distributed Systems, microservice architectures and/or distributed compute (IoT Edge)
○ Experience with various database technologies – both relational and no-sql
○ Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Azure ARM templates, AWS CloudFormation templates, etc)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills as well as great written/oral communication skills.
- Experience with Azure Service Fabric is a plus.
- Experience or interest in container technologies and orchestrators (Docker, Kubernetes) is a plus
- Experience building frontend client applications is a plus.
BSc, or equivalent, required. A Masters or PhD in Computer Science or related engineering fields a bonus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.