|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Ignite 2019, MSFT announced Azure Synapse Analytics that brings together enterprise data warehousing and big data analytics technology into a single platform that enables large scale business intelligence and machine learning solutions. Here is the link to learn more with demo videos: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/synapse-analytics/. With Azure Synapse customers can build their end-to-end analytics solution with a unified experience to ingest, prepare, manage, and serve data for their business intelligence and machine learning needs.
We are part of the Azure Data team, building highly scalable distributed systems for data analytics on Azure. We believe in diversity of perspectives, establishing long-term relationships, taking pride in what we do and continuous learning. Azure is growing at a phenomenal pace with Data and AI at the center of how organizations are transforming through the cloud.
Azure Data Services group is hiring experienced Senior Program Managers that share our passion to help customers build and modernize their analytics platforms on the cloud. To excel in this role, you should possess deep solutions architecture and technical expertise, strong business acumen, and have the ability to clearly communicate at all levels with the customer. You will be a SME on Data Warehousing and will have hands on experience working with Data Warehouse solutions. You will work with customers and partners to architect and design the solutions, proof of concepts or pilot projects to make our customers successful. Through these engagements, you will represent the voice of the customer distilling new requirements and issues into improvements for engineering teams. You will also collect patterns and lessons learned from your engagements and turn them into reference architectures, best practices and training for engineering teams and the global Azure Data Services community. You will work with our partners and enable them to help our customers maximize value in their Azure Synapse Analytics Lifecycle.
- Working hands-on with prospects and customers to demonstrate value and driving success from demo to proof-of-concept to design and implementation
- Capturing best-practices from engagements, field teams and engineering, and sharing with the worldwide Azure Data Services community via whitepapers, blogs, presentations and training
- Maintaining deep understanding of complementary and competitive technologies and vendors and be able to design and position a more compelling Azure Data Services based solution
- Collaborating with Product Management and Development teams to continuously improve the product
- Organize and ensure on-call duties are available for your services
- Assisting and advising our partner ecosystem to develop robust, high quality solutions for customers
- Organize trainings and workshops to for partner enablement and training
- Be a trusted advisor to some of our largest customers and guide them in their Azure Synapse Analytics Lifecycle
- This role might require ~50% travel.
6+ years of technical and consulting experience in the following or related areas:
- Database products, system migrations, project management, customer and partner communications, partner enablement and cloud adoption projects.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with customers and partners to synthesize a simple solution from ambiguous and/or complex business requirements and constraints
- Hands-on experience in Azure SQL Data Warehouse or competing product
- Hands-on experience in designing, implementing and tuning big data and Data Warehouse solutions. Understanding of database systems (MPP architectures preferred), usage scenarios and implementations
- Understanding of data, application, server and network security
- Familiarity with common BI and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Micro Strategy, Business Objects and Power BI)
- Experience with data integration and data management tools (e.g. Informatica, Data Stage, Integration Services, Ab Initio and Azure Data Factory)
- Hands-on exposure to data engineering development lifecycle, tooling and best practices
- Knowledge of and experience with large-scale database technology (e.g. SQL Server, Netezza, Oracle, Teradata)
- Experience working with customers in a pre-sales or post-sales technical role
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.