|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster, and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
Microsoft has a long history of delivering products and services to sovereign governments. Recently, the types of products and services Microsoft sells to all customers, including governments, has grown in complexity, increasing the risk profile.
CriticaltoMicrosoft Federal’s (MSF) success is the design, build, and run of its infrastructure. CSEO business teams depend on Enterprise 360 (E360) to enable the fabric to connect, host, and support enterprise services. Foundational to this environment is the physical network. E360 designs, builds, and operates a network across Microsoft facilities that meets Gov standards for security and scalability, while providinga consistentuser experience. It includes our cloud networking designed solutions that leverage Azure software defined network solutions to create environments that have “corporate context” where necessary to ensure the safe operation of corporate resources in the Cloud. Ensuring a secure, reliable, and readily available environment for MSF IT admins, E360 builds and operates the infrastructure (network/compute/storage) hosting critical services and applications.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
- Be the customer advocate acrossspectrumof services provided by the organization.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to translate customer, business, and technical needs and requirements into actual deliverables, withfocuson live-site services.
- Ensure highly resilient and scalable service designs through partnership with other members of the service team and see them through the service lifecycle.
- Set standards in alignment with the service leadership and ensure these standards are met across services under different workloads.
- Driveefficienciesthrough continual improvement and root cause analysis resulting in service delivery, maturity, and scalability.
- Define and measuring service level indicators belonging to the services. Lead the design of process and technology solutions that enable measurable performance against SLIs and KPIs.
- Work on the service platform and continuous delivery process to drive improvements in service reliability, as well as working with product development teams on improving these.
- Lead service teams through Live Site Reviews and corrective action plans including incident management, problem management, change management, and security and compliance.
- Travel - 0%-10%, domestic
- 5+ years of experience inprogrammanagement
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or a related field, or alternativeeducations, skills, and/or equivalent experience is required.
- Experience leading a service engineering team, translating customer needs and technical requirements into service architecture to meet quality of service expectations.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing programs, projects and new initiatives in live-site service environments (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS a big plus) .
- Manage a mixture of stakeholders, lead live services through change with ability to work with diverse mix of service teams consisting of diverse range of people with inclusion as a priority.
- Identify service improvements that will streamline services to improve end-user experiences, lower operating costs and increaseprotectionof the Microsoft environment.
- Provide service leadership toacrossrangeof stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other service teams to assist in solving their service problems, preventing a recurrence and codifying the learnings.
- Evaluate service feature requests, assist in prioritization, and analyze them for impact to operations and delivery cost.
- Experience working in an agile environment with high organizational complexity.
- Track record in successfully planning and supporting large scale, geo-distributed, high availability enterprise services.
- Experience in program or project management for large scale software deployments built on Microsoft platforms.
- Create internal and external documentation such as standard operating procedures for internal use andcustomerfacing knowledge resources with the help of engineering resources.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.