|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
This role is in the Supply Chain Engineering (SCE) team under Kurt DelBene's Core Services Engineering and Operations (CSEO) org. Supply Chain Engineering designs, implements, and runs Microsoft’s global manufacturing, repair, planning, order management, and fulfillment services for high-tech devices including Xbox, Surface, and HoloLens. We build the engineering tools and systems for the Devices Supply Chain and partner with the Azure team to support the Cloud Supply Chain. The Devices Supply Chain supports getting products like Xbox, Surface, HoloLens into the hands of retail or enterprise customers. The Cloud Supply Chain supports getting server capacity in our Azure Datacenters. Supply Chain is key to winning in the Devices and Cloud business by delivering core value:
- Faster Time to Market - Ability to introduce new devices to market and new services and locations in Azure.
- Increased profitability - Margins matter; running an efficient Supply Chain is key to these businesses to grab market share
- Improved customer experience - Ability to support new and innovative models that give customers the flexibility and responsiveness they expect
Our customers are HW engineers, Planners, Sourcing Managers, Factory Operations, Logistics and Warehouse Operations, Customer Support, Datacenter Ops, Microsoft Retail Stores - all of these are involved in the whole lifecycle from designing products to ensuring we can build them at scale and deliver them to our customers. We partner with suppliers, manufacturers, logistics providers and retailers to make and sell Microsoft products and services.
The Supply Chain Planning PM team within SCE is responsible for delivering world-class planning and supplier collaboration solutions for both the Microsoft Devices and Cloud supply chains. We plan, envision, innovate, and execute the planning systems that drive billions of dollars in capital investments towards meeting the demands of Microsoft’s global customers.
We are looking for a Principal PM Manager to help us evolve our product mindset, drive a growth-mindset culture, and deliver industry-leading results.
- Deliver planning product innovations by employing and cultivating a product engineering mindset across the team.
- Drive an inclusive planning process for each product or initiative, balancing partner input and driving alignment across Microsoft, especially teams in software engineering, operations, and data science.
- Build up a team of PMs, exemplifying and coaching the team to embody Microsoft’s values and deliver exceptional results.
- Translate ambiguous problems and strategic visions into customer scenarios, effectively communicating from customer to technical delivery.
- Proactively mitigate critical risks to the product delivery and future roadmap.
- Market both in-flight and envisioned product capabilities to executive level leaders, influencing for impact and representing the contributions of the team.
- Employ data analytics to continually measure and improve product performance, building a culture of data-driven decision making.
- Influence product roadmaps of partner (SAP) solutions by advocating for Microsoft priorities to executive level product leaders at partner companies.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Software Design, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 8 years' minimum experience in Program Management, Product Management, Data Science, Operations Research, or Software Development.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
- 5–10 years experience managing high-performing teams with exemplary culture in collaboration and inclusion.
- 3–5 years of experience working with major third-party systems in implementation, operation, and configuration (SAP preferred).
- 5-10 years of experience leading product management and/or implementing automation systems.
- 3–5 years of experience presenting and communicating effectively to GM/VP level stakeholders.
- 3–5 years demonstrated leadership skills--proven in creating clarity, generating energy, and delivering success.
- MS degree in a quantitative field.
- 5–10 years expertise in supply chain, specifically planning (demand, capacity, supply , S&OP, Integrated Business Planning, inventory).
- 5–10 years experience in implementing and using SAP based supply chain solutions (APO, IBP, Ariba).
- Proven success in collaborating across engineering, business, data science, and operational teams, up to and including working with Partner/GM level stakeholders.
- 5-15 years demonstrated proficiency in executive level presentations and communications.
- Ability to quickly learn existing concepts and employ new techniques.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including technical and inter-personal challenges.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.