|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role
Samsara’s Manager of EPM is responsible for leading hardware engineering program management from product concept to mass production. In this role, you will partner with engineers, product managers, and senior management to help create a high quality product and launch it. You’ll be passionate about developing high performance teams, demonstrate a high degree of process ownership and innovation, and want to have fun while we transform the industry that is ripe for innovation.
In this role, you will:
- Own, drive and actively facilitate the interaction of cross-functional stakeholders to bring products to market, including managing risks, schedule, cost and quality
- Maintain project scope, schedules, and budgets
- Spot resource and knowledge gaps and take steps necessary to remedy with a growth mindset
- Partner with product management and engineering on planning, execution, implementation, and measurement
- Develop an executive portfolio view and communicate progress, risk and enable decision making
- Develop best program management and manufacturing principles with the goal of highest quality that meets schedule and cost
- Lead from the front, with deep knowledge of operational and technical details, project management process, and a willingness to get hands dirty
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara's cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally
An ideal candidate has:
- 10+ yrs of experience in managing product development in high volume electronics manufacturing lines with people management and leadership experience
- Strong engineering background with preference towards those with solid EE background. MBA a plus
- Ability to quickly understand and communicate tradeoffs between engineering design, manufacturability, schedule and cost
- Understanding of rapid development cycles while remaining flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty
- Ability to support international travel for build events
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.