|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Avere filesystem team in Azure Storage is chartered with developing scalable, high-performance storage solutions to provide low latency, high throughput and high available data access to mission critical data on premises and in cloud. We develop data migration solutions to move data seamlessly between on premises (NAS) and cloud storage enabling the customer to leverage capacity of the cloud and the locality advantages of on-premise storage.
As a software engineer in the filesystem team, you will participate in the requirement analysis, architectural specification, development and verification of innovative caching and filesystem features.
In this role, you will perform performance analysis and implement designs with reliability, availability and supportability goals. You will also provide guidance and product expertise to the support and field engineering team for pre-sales and customer escalations. Responsibilities also include writing and/or tuning high-performance software for networking or storage applications, developing software for FreeBSD, Linux, or UNIX operating systems, and Python scripting.
- 5+ years of professional large scale system software development experience
- BS/BA degree or higher in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent years' experience
- Demonstrated success in developing high performance storage systems
- Experience developing large scale distributed and/or high-available systems
- Experience developing multi-threaded/parallel system software
- Demonstrated success in leading, designing and implementing large scale software features
- Ability to grow and mentor junior developers,
- Excellent analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.