|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster, and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
Microsoft has a long history of delivering products and services to sovereign governments. Recently, the types of products and services Microsoft sells to all customers, including governments, has grown in complexity, increasing the risk profile.
CriticaltoMicrosoft Federal’s (MSF) success is the design, build, and run of its infrastructure. CSEO business teams depend on Enterprise 360 (E360) to enable the fabric to connect, host, and support enterprise services. Foundational to this environment is the physical network. E360 designs, builds, and operates a network across Microsoft facilities that meets Gov standards for security and scalability, while providinga consistentuser experience. It includes our cloud networking designed solutions that leverage Azure software defined network solutions to create environments that have “corporate context” where necessary to ensure the safe operation of corporate resources in the Cloud. Ensuring a secure, reliable, and readily available environment for MSF IT admins, E360 builds and operates the infrastructure (network/compute/storage) hosting critical services and applications.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
- Worksindividually and with teams to drive reliability goals and objectives acrossservices.
- Develop solutions to increase service stability through automation and process re-engineering
- Analyze service performance to improve quality and customerexperience
- Responsible for evaluating and implementing automation and tooling solutions to ensure consistent processes and repetitive tasks are performed with a higher level of accuracy and reduced defects.
- Introduce new and impactful technologies to the production support tool chain that help minimize friction for production releases and support, and to diagnose and recover from production incidents morequickly
- Lead a sprint team to deliver on our sharedcommitments
- Travel - 0%-10%, domestic
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government securityrequirements
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two yearsthereafter
- 5+ years of operating, monitoring, and improving a large-scale onlineservice
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative skills and/or practical experience isrequired
- KPI driven, proactive and motivated for continuous improvement, adaptation, reflection, andgrowth
- Experience owning and developing features end-to-end.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate withpeople
- Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamicenvironment
- Experience building services in Azure using Azure Automation, and hybrid cloud/on-prem services is a plus.
- Experience with Third Party Technologies:Cisco ISE/RSA,Ansible,SolarWinds, Splunk,ERPM (JIT, Password Vault), Cert Management (HGS/HSM), Linux/Unix
- 3+ years of experience with ServiceNow Administration and Development
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.