|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft's Customer and Partner Experience organization needs your expertise as a Senior Business Program Manager, focused on our Global Program & Relationship Management to ensure an optimal customer experience for our global customers and partners.
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is embarking on an unprecedented journey to provide a differentiated and connected customer experience. Through the Connected Customer Experience strategy, our aim is to build a differentiated, end-to-end customer experience that delights our customers across every touchpoint. It is an amazing time for our industry. Microsoft has an opportunity to be a customer experience market leader and we need your leadership to help us act on it.
The Customer and Partner Experience team (CPE), within CE&S, plays a pivotal role in this journey and is responsible for advancing customer and partner satisfaction with Microsoft. We work with groups and roles across product marketing, engineering, sales, operations, services, and support, on the strategy and execution of key projects and programs that build accountability, guide company actions, and ensure delivery of improved experiences for customers and partners.
As the Senior Program Manager focused on Global Program and Relationship Management, you will take on exciting and important customer and partner experience challenges, collaborating closely with key stakeholders across Microsoft’s market research teams, Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB), Global Sales, Marketing & Operations (GSMO), and Marketing groups. You will be a key member of the CPE governance and operations team, supporting CPE’s Rhythm of Connection, cross company relationship engagement strategy and execution, opportunity and issue management, cross-company program management, and CPE field operating model guidance. This role calls for a balance of strategic thinking and tactical execution, cross-org collaboration, the ability to influence for results, and a propensity to get stuff done.
You will spend your time in the following areas:
- Relationship management and engagement with key stakeholders (including senior leaders and executives) within WCB and GSMO, with a focus on MS Solutions and Customer Success teams, to drive accountability, develop action plans, and ensure delivery of improved customer and partner experiences
- Global/cross-company program management and coordination
- Lead regular project reviews with virtual teams, CPE executive sponsors, management, and executive staff
- Coordinate and drive resolution of WCB, GSMO, and CSU/Solutions CPE issues through virtual teams, key points of contact, and SMEs
- Work closely with a variety of corporate groups to identify difficult or complex scenarios that reach beyond organizational boundaries
- Influence customer and partner experience improvements and design based on market data and research, product telemetry and customer feedback channels
- Capture and manage significant CPE issues to create awareness and create alignments across teams
- Create and collaborate on internal and client-facing guidance and communications
- Capture best practices and ensure our contacts across the company are informed/aware of other internal key initiatives and issues
- 5+ years of program, project or product management experience, leading high-performance cross-functional v-teams
- An applicable undergraduate degree or commensurate industry experience
- Customer centric with a strong passion for driving change and taking on big challenges
- Track record of cross-group collaboration and coordination at multiple levels of the company
- Proven success with relationship management including ability to rapidly build trust and confidence of stakeholders, as well as influence business decisions across boundaries, at all levels of the organization, and often in ambiguous situations
- Business maturity and experience working with senior executives, and the ability to work independently as needed
- Strong executive presence and superb written and verbal communication skills
- Strong global program orchestration and execution, with ability to manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously
- Track record of creating order out of chaos and clarity out of confusion
- Ability to quickly learn and synthesize complex topics and needs
- Superb attention to detail and accuracy in all deliverables
- Deep understanding and experience with a broad set of Microsoft business groups a plus
- Experience with and understanding corporate sales, marketing, operations, and support (and associated processes) is a plus, as is working knowledge of sales / field roles and practices
Location/Travel: You may be based anywhere in the U.S., with most of the team in Redmond, WA. You can expect limited travel, less than 10%.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! This is a rare and unique role that operates on a cross company scale! When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.