|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who are we?
We arethe Intelligent Conversation, Communication and Collaboration(IC3)Team. We powerreliable, high quality SMS, Chat, PSTN, video calling and meeting services acrossMicrosoftproducts. Our service platform is well architected, globally distributed, highly scalable and built for the Cloud. The World continues to scale towards remote work, learn and play. Come find your purpose with us to connect the World. We are grounded in our mission to enable all organizations and customers to achieve more in work and life. Our Team is growing fast and learning fast to enable the next generation of communication experiences. We need strong candidates like you across all walks of life and experiences. Don't come just to join a great team. Come with the mindset to make a great team exceptional and we can be the career home you are looking for.
- Promote a customer-driven culture throughout the entire team, relentlessly driving the entire team tomaintain pure focus on customeroutcomes
- Defining and driving people management responsibilities for individual team members and across the team
- Evaluating and hiring multi-disciplinary talent to build and grow theteam
- Create and promote a positive work environment andculture
- Define and design sustainable research mechanisms that scale with the program, including partnering withDatalyticsteam to enable measurableresults
- Represent the team in executive and product teamreviews
- Create guidelines, best practices, and repeatable designpatterns
- Create and maintain a scalable engagement framework that maximizes the reach and product impact of the designteam
- 5-10 years of people management experience, including demonstrated ability to build teams from inception tomaturity
- BA/BS degree in graphic design, HCI interaction design, or related field.May besubstituted with significant industry experience andaccomplishments
- Demonstrated ability to design forthedeveloper, creating tooling, mechanics and repeatable systems that lead to a healthy developerecosystem
- Expertise buildingscalablepartner engagementprocesses
- Experience educating, partnering & influencing productteams
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary, startup-team environment where you’ll expected to wear multiple hats and move frequently betweenprojects
- Abilityto work independently under tight deadlines, while maintaining excellent communication
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop, Axure,Invision, andFlinto
- Excellent writing skills, withabilityto convey thought in writing at executivelevel
- Prior design experience in cloud services, developer tools, and data sciences
- Experience in inclusive UX design and accessibility
- Master’s degree in graphic design, HCI, interaction design, or related field preferred.May besubstituted with significant industry experience and accomplishments.
- Customer obsessed mindset – you lead with deep customer empathy, define core customer value first anddrivingproduct vision across multiple divisions/organizations
- Ability todistillcustomer scenarios and technicalrequirements to drive designimplementation
- Lead with data and measurable impact
- Cloud andservicesexperience, with Azure cloud experience highly desirable
- Passion for building highlyscalable, highly reliableservices
- Experience with or exposure to Agile and iterative development processes
- Growth Mindset with a desire to learn, a tendency to embrace challenges, persist in the face of setback, see failures as essential to mastery, learn from criticism and find lessons and inspiration in the success ofothers
- Help to create a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full and authentic self, where all voices are heard, and where we do our best work as aresult
- Confident and articulate in expressing ideas to a mixed audience with varying views andchallenges
- A sense of personal ownership and accountability is required, together with the ability to deliver to deadlines while managing internal stakeholderexpectations
- Self-motivated with a strong drive for reaching across teams and organizations to make progresscollaboratively
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.