|Location:||San Diego, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Channel team is a diverse team that works with almost every TE business unit to grow revenues, increase market share and strengthen relationships with approximately 500 distributors around the world. Today, revenues generated from distribution sales represent about 15 percent of total TE sales. Our team consists of nearly 600 sales, pricing, marketing and customer care professionals who, along with their colleagues throughout TE, focus on providing Extraordinary Customer Experiences.
Looking for a Senior Regional Sales Manager to lead our Channel Business Unit sales team in the Western / Central US. This is a critical role to our business strategy and has a lot of exposure to senior leaders across the company. This role provides an exciting opportunity by offering you a chance to make your mark on a large and complex organization through growing market share and developing a team of highly motivated Distribution Market Managers and Application and Sales. As a Senior Regional Sales Manager you are a key contributor in our Channel Distribution Sales organization. You are responsible for growing markets and obtaining metric targets for an assigned territory. It’s a great place to enter TE and learn all about what our company can do to grow your career.
As a Channel / Distribution Pro, you know the ins and outs of what it takes to build positive business/professional relationships and drive results inside a large company as well as with distribution partners. You understand the end user and the markets you will grow. You have a competitive drive and want to leave a legacy. You find interacting with all levels of employees exciting and challenging. You see change as an opportunity, not a detriment to your success. You look to bring the Extraordinary Customer Experience to every person you come in contact with, including your peers and colleagues.
- Performing skills assessment of, providing performance feedback to, coaching, motivating, training and developing team members to obtain sales and other pertinent metrics/goals
- Ensuring growth of C and D accounts by providing necessary support to the distribution channel directly and through direct reports
- Hiring and “On-boarding” new employees to build the strength of the team when expanding or replacing direct reports
- Managing the deployment and priorities of the Distributor Market Managers (DMM) within AMER region
- Managing regional execution of distributor corporate plans
- Aligning priorities with distributor Area Directors & General Managers
- Ensuring there is a productive business review processes with the distributors
- Ensuring the distributor branches are properly trained and supported
- Obtaining and maintaining influential relationships with the Regional Management and Branch General Management of distributor branches within region.
- Escalating root cause issues affecting “ease of doing business” with TE
- Recommending ways to improve the Distribution Channel BU’s relationship with our constituency
- Implementing processes and methods to eliminate barriers and inhibitors to success on a local level
- Managing the retention and growth of the TAM to DTAM accounts
- Assisting in shaping the channel within region of responsibility
- Monitoring and maintaining POS associated with distributors who have changed status with TE based on the Distributor Rationalization Program
- Maintaining and growing total TE POS
- Driving growth in key assigned accounts
- Providing market analysis and intelligence for region of responsibility including total available market potential, key Customers, primary industries, applicable products, competitive landscape, threats and opportunities
- Monitoring and obtaining Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for region of responsibility
- Your POS growth across all TE products in assigned geography
- Your market share growth
- Your new design wins
- Your retention/growth of transferred accounts
- Your BU specific growth targets
- Your employee development
- Bachelor degree in Business or Engineering
- 10-15 years’ experience in sales management – Preferred experience in Electronics Distribution with OEM or Electronics Distributor
- Minimum 5 years of channel management experience
- Extensive knowledge of the electronics components/systems industry at a corporate and branch level
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills, with the ability to deliver formal presentations to senior staff
- Ability to negotiate with executives at all levels of an organization is a must
- Self-directed individual who can analyze market needs and deliver strong results through sales process
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build cohesive and effective teams
- Demonstrate Sales Leadership Skills: Excellent sales leadership skills as demonstrated by a record of guiding sales growth through an organization. Additionally, this individual must possess broad-gauge competencies in conceptual selling, account management, program management, and negotiation skills.
- Drive for Results: The ability to find creative solutions and generate results in a dynamic market environment. This person will have a strong sense of urgency and the ability to infuse that in others.
- Be an Energetic Leader and Team Builder: The manager will be a proven leader and developer of talent who inspires and motivates others through customer focus, enthusiasm for the business, and a strong sense of teamwork and camaraderie. He/she will be known for setting clear goals and priorities and for developing and endorsing the strategies, plans, and processes for achieving these. The successful candidate will be a leader who actively manages the performance of his/her team and establishes key metrics to hold themselves and the team accountable for results.
- Influence and Communicate: Keen listening, open-mindedness, and strong interpersonal skills so that the necessary alliances with internal and external groups can be forged and developed quickly. Comfortable communicating both formally and informally with senior executives and communicate openly and equitably with peers and subordinates throughout TE Connectivity and customer organizations.
- Maintain High Integrity and Values-Driven: Must be impeccably honest and ethical. They must be willing to subsume his/her own personal agenda for the good of the organization. TE Connectivity is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.