|Job Type:||Full Time|
With 75 million daily active users, Microsoft Teams is the fastest growing business application in Microsoft’s history. It is a collaborative communication product that brings together the complete power of Office 365 to empower teams to achieve more. As the foundation for teamwork and intelligent communications, Teams is a highly extensible hub and conversational canvas for first and third-party integrations. Our team’s mission is to drive Teams adoption using third party ISV apps and services and the platform capabilities on which these apps and services are built on.
In this role, you will own a broad charter that impacts developers, IT pros and end-users. The role will involve working closely with external partners and multi-disciplinary teams in the planning, development, and operations of innovative cloud services that integrate with the Microsoft Teams platform. You need to be able to drive successful collaboration across these various groups while maintaining a focus on partner and customer requirements and the mutual strategic direction.
- Define partnership strategies for industry segments and determine the list of partners that would add value to users
- Envision and spec key user scenarios for how an app or service would work and interact with MS Teams
- Manage the partner relationship end to end from conception to launch, ensuring success for the partner at each stage of the funnel
- Work with strategic customers to drive the adoption of partner apps
- Provide feedback and influence platform and extensibility teams how to best evolve the platform for our partners
- Plan and lead requirements, project, and relevant competitive reviews with team and executive leadership
Drive execution and demonstrate end-to-end ownership of complex, cross-group and cross-discipline projects to successful completion
- 5+ years of product management experience in enterprise space
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically
- The ability to wear many hats, learn quickly and change direction when needed
- The ability to think creatively and critically about product features and user scenarios in the enterprise space
- Innate curiosity and ability to self-start in an ambiguous and rapidly changing startup environment
- Strong project management, leadership, and cross-group collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills through all levels of the organization, technical and non-technical
- Solid understanding of web and mobile technologies, service operations at scale, and ability to go deep in technical areas
- Must be biased for action
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Previous experience with proven success in working on commercial software external partnerships
- Previous business development experience beneficial
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.