|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) is the team behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s “Intelligent Cloud” mission. CHIE delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform globally with our server and data center infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability solutions. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide and we are looking for passionate, high energy engineers to help achieve that mission. As Microsoft's cloud business continues to grow the ability to deploy new offerings and HW infrastructure on time, in high volume with high quality and lowest cost is of paramount importance.
CHIE’s Cloud Hardware Manufacturing Engineering + New Technology Engineering (CHME + NTE) team is seeking a passionate, driven, and intellectually curious Senior Program Manager to enable new product introductions for Azure’s cloud services. CHME + NTE team is accountable for the engineering, validation and production readiness of new solutions for infrastructure capacity. This role has a direct and measurable impact on Microsoft's competitive advantage by reducing the time-to-market for new services and ensuring the quality and scalability of infrastructure capacity. A successful candidate for this role will leverage their analytical, leadership, and communication skills to deliver innovative solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our products.
#CHIE #AZURE #Cloud
- Manage the introduction of new cloud services, hardware platforms and the tools/processes to deploy them at scale.
- Work directly with partner engineering teams to ensure new services meet the scale and cycle times for high volume deployments.
- Identify, prototype and drive the implementation of technical and process improvements to increase the predictability, agility and speed of our deployment system.
- Drive reduction in the time-to-market for the introduction of new services.
- Bachelor’s in engineering (e.g. mechanical, electrical, chemical, industrial) or related disciplines
- 5+ years of experience in creating, managing or optimizing a product lifecycle or manufacturing system
- 3+ years of experience communicating at an executive level
- Proficiency in agile program management leading technical engineering teams
- Masters Degree
- In-depth knowledge of release management for hardware components or software services
- Demonstrated ability to use data to identify key issues for the business and lead continuous improvement initiatives
- Proven track record of successfully influencing others at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead across organizations through a position of influence
- Experience in defining key performance indicators and implementing data visualization
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Abilityto meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirementsarerequired for this role. These requirementsinclude, butare not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.