Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Discover Financial Services is looking for a Lead Java Software Developer to drive delivery in all aspects of software development. You will collaborate with product managers and your peers as part of a scrum team to execute on a broad range of projects for the digital products that power Discover, from feature enhancements to designing and building technical solutions. You will use Java Spring and will be equipped with modern CI/CD developer tool kit (STS/IntelliJ, Cloud Development, GitHub, Jenkins, Trident Pipeline, Nexus, Serenity BDD, Wiremock and Gatling to name a few).
Our Fraud, Authorization & Authentication Value Stream is responsible for all development of our related digital products across our Card division. We would be thrilled to have you join our XP & BDD digital transformation journey.
Responsible for analyzing, modifying, and supporting application software. Ensures quality code is delivered through continuous integration, development, and testing. Performs technical design, coding with test automation, support, and documentation of software application modifications.
You will be successful at Discover if you can:
- Break down a product vision into workable technical solutions to solve business problems
- Build high quality software for large scale and highly available systems
- Actively contribute to the department’s developer community to support our digital transformation journey
- Provide strong technical and team leadership
- Talk about your work with both technical and non-technical team members
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Delivers technology solutions that support business goals. Partners with the product owner to understand business requirements, evaluates features, and translates application specifications into workable technical solutions
- Maintains application software and systems. Ensures all projects and releases are appropriately tested and risks are mitigated.
- Oversees and reviews development activities of team members and contractors.
- Supports technical initiatives and provides input into best practices to team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or relevant field
- 6 years of Software Engineering or related experience
- In lieu of degree, 8 years of Software Engineering or related experience
- Relevant hands-on experience with building highly scalable and reliable Java applications
- Experience with Java development on client facing application
- Experience working with an iterative software development methodology
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design principles
- Self-motivated and openly challenge the team to continuously improve
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you're waiting to hear from us, don't forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer(EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity&inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in consideration for a career at Discover.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.