|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you excited by the prospect of working with one of the most robust and mature channel partner ecosystems in the world, and playing a lead role in helping Microsoft partners transform their business, tell their story and understand ours? Do you want the opportunity to lead in a team where you have the freedom and empowerment to do your best work.
If so you could be just the person for the Partner landing & change management role within the Microsoft Cloud Marketing, Business Planning and Commercial Licensing Team.
Microsoft is transforming its $60B+ commercial licensing to accelerate customers’ digital transformation by providing modern commerce, cloud-based solutions that are more tightly integrated with the underlying sales motion—whether that’s a customer using self-serve, partner-led, or Microsoft seller-assisted channels.
Microsoft partners play a critical role in helping us deliver on that transformation promise - by shaping the consumption solutions and services our customers use to move to the cloud. This requires a new way of selling that highlights the additional value and services provided by Microsoft channel partners.
Within Business Planning & Commercial Licensing (BPCL) there is already an amazing group of people in place. We are a supportive team who work across a wide range of groups and organizations within Microsoft.
You would be a great fit to join us if you are someone who thrives in this sort of a collaborative environment. You bring a unique point of view to the discussion, are not afraid to challenge the way things are done today, and you bring out the best in others. You solicit feedback about your own work and add value to the work of others. You work well across groups and appreciate different personalities and perspectives.
The Partner Readiness, Landing & Engagement team is chartered with helping Microsoft successfully and efficiently land new commerce, licensing and sales experience changes with both our managed and unmanaged Partners globally.
This position is a high impact, high visibility role and requires developing lasting business relationships to drive results.
In this role you would work across both the Business Planning & Commercial Licensing team, and wider Microsoft organizations to develop the partner change management strategies and plans to successfully land the modern commerce vision:
- You will be key in the transformation of a partner ecosystem and Microsoft’s approach to new commerce experiences to, through and with our Partners and Field.
- Provide global partner change management and readiness/landing leadership and accountability for key product and program launches.
- Collaboration with senior stakeholders to establish a comprehensive Partner change management and landing strategy. Change management planning focused on process, partner impact analysis, communication plans, readiness plans approvals and overall execution and change governance.
- Creating a framework for partner engagement to ensure Microsoft provide the right information, with the right level of depth, at the right time.
- Develop core content and execution strategy for self-paced online or instructor led training to ensure individuals within partner communities have the required functional skills/knowledge for their roles.
- Working with key stakeholders (One Commercial Partner, Business Operations, Engineering teams & Business Planning) to determine Partner engagement plans, readiness & landing opportunities and cross-company alignment on strategic modern commerce and licensing priorities.
- Provide leadership and guidance to top OCP services partners (e.g LSP, CSP, Distribution, SI, MSP) to ensure they are transforming their business to be a successful Microsoft Partner of the future. This includes executive engagement, seller readiness, sales guidance/coaching on modern commerce changes and licensing roadmaps/programs.
- Influence business improvement by managing and effectively coaching Partner and Field teams through change initiatives. You will need to demonstrate a strong growth mindset, inspiring optimism and focusing on the outcomes that are possible.
- Planning and execution of partner engagement strategy – understand the value propositions and become the subject matter expert on partner landing for launches. Share partner landing best practices with partner facing field roles e.g Commercial Licensing Leads, Partner Development Managers, OCP change management leads, subsidiary teams.
- Responsibility for driving numerous workstreams across cross-functional areas where there is no direct reporting structure. The person in this role will need to be able to clearly articulate a path forward and quickly align multiple parties, who will often have different priorities.
- Successful landing of complex content through on-line and in-person engagements with partners. Monitor and review landing / adoption and implement resistance mitigation and reinforcement strategies.
- Partner listening forums and co-design sessions. Effectively represent the ‘voice of the partner’ back to Microsoft and drive engagement with Business Planning organizations to provide partner input into the Business Planning process.
- Project management – including defining project plans, assigning work streams, defining and measuring against launch goals, resource assessment, decision making and reporting.
- 10-20% travel required to meet with and connect with partners. A mix of US & international travel, 1-2 times per year and typically planned well in advance.
- 5+ years of experience developing field/partner readiness programs, training or partner engagement.
- Strong executive presence, cross group collaboration and communication skills that drive influence with leaders across a highly matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated experience of teamwork and collaboration – ability to build strong relationships and lead virtual teams in cross-functional settings and outside organizational boundaries.
- Self-driven, highly motivated and innovative. Must be able to work independently, handle multiple projects and negotiate and collaborate effectively.
- Strong presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small audiences. Able to deliver positive and negative messages.
- Proven change management skills. Prosci or other change management experience preferred.
- Problem solving mentality, experience leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution and follow through with partners.
- Good business acumen and strong Microsoft Partner knowledge; ability to understand what is really happening and to accurately diagnose situations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft licensing programs, sales motions and/or licensing operations preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft partner business models and partner programs preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to multi-task manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.