|Job Type:||Full Time|
Remote or Virtual Employment Opportunity
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. At Microsoft, we also work to empower our employees, so they can achieve more. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
Microsoft’s Finance vision is focused on how business partnership leads to outcomes and how we drive impact. We do this through our core values – People, Prioritization, Partnership and Protect.
Microsoft maintains a global tax planning and compliance strategy that is administered and coordinated at the Microsoft Corporate level, as part of Corporate Finance and Administration, under the Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of the Company. This set-up assures proper coordination and implementation of appropriate policies and procedures.
Tax & Trade is responsible for Worldwide Tax Reporting, Compliance, and Planning, including the technology and process functions to support the coordination of the worldwide tax functions. There are eight major functions within the Tax and Trade Department. 1) Tax and Trade Affairs; 2) International Tax and Transfer Pricing; 3) Tax Provision; 4) Corporate Tax Compliance; 5) Tax Planning and Tax Controversies; 6) Indirect Tax; 7) Tax Process and Technology, and 8) Global Trade Operations.
The Senior Manager of Benefits Tax position is a key member of the Tax and Trade Affairs team and will liaison with teams throughout Microsoft, internal and external advisors, and outside business groups and professional organizations.
- Primary responsibility for managing tax compliance and risk management of qualified employee benefit plans at MSFT, including, but not limited to the 401(k) Retirement Plan, all healthcare plans, fringe benefit plans, and cafeteria plans. This includes tax reporting of Company and acquired plans, plan drafting, and due diligence of acquired plans.
- Primary responsibility for tax compliance and planning for all equity compensation plans, domestic and international, including the Microsoft Stock Plan and the Employee Stock Ownership Plan. This requires monitoring all legislation, domestic and foreign, that impacts equity compensation plans worldwide as well as litigation support.
- Primary responsibility for tax compliance, planning, and controversy resolution relating to domestic and international mobility issues.
- Advise senior management in Tax, HR and Corporate and Legal Affairs plan fiduciaries, and plan administrators, of significant changes in the law or political climate related to employee benefit matters.
- Responsible for benefits tax policy matters domestically and internationally, where relevant.
- Develop, maintain and improve benefits tax reporting processes for the plans.
- JD and BA or BS in Accounting or Economics required
- Minimum of 5-10 years of combined, law firm, Big 4 and/or industry benefits tax legal experience required
- LL.M. preferred
- Experience demonstrates ability to identify analyze benefits tax issues and the related implications
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to interact and team with Company personnel and external advisors
- Ability to interact and team with professionals in various functional areas to resolve complex tax issues throughout the organization
- Ability to use own judgment and initiative in problem resolution
- Detail oriented, excellent analytical skills
- Ability to embrace change and be flexible to changing business needs
- Trusted Leadership/Judgment
- Cross-group Collaboration
- Financial Modeling
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.