|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. At Microsoft, we also work to empower our employees so they can achieve more. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
Microsoft’s Finance vision is focused on how business partnership leads to outcomes and how we drive impact. We do this through our core values – People, Prioritization, Partnership and Protect.
Microsoft maintains a global tax planning and compliance strategy that is administered and coordinated at the Microsoft Corporate level, as part of Corporate Finance and Administration, under the Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of the Company. This set-up assures proper coordination and implementation of appropriate policies and procedures.
Tax & Trade is responsible for Worldwide Tax Reporting, Compliance, and Planning, including the technology and process functions to support the coordination of the worldwide tax functions. There are seven major functions within the Tax Department. 1) Tax Affairs; 2) International Tax and Transfer Pricing; 3) Tax Reporting; 4) Tax Litigation; 5) Tax Planning and Tax Controversies; 6) Indirect Tax; and 7) Trade, Tax Process and Technology.
Tax & Trade is responsible for executing and implementing regulatory requirements. Along with Tax and Trade Reporting, Compliance, and Planning, including the technology and process functions to support the coordination of the worldwide tax and trade functions.
This role is part of the Microsoft Worldwide Tax and Trade Organization, and will proactively plan to address immediate Trade related regulatory threats, compliance needs for changing regulations, and build longer term plans to address emerging regulatory measures. You will take a strategic view in driving beyond the day to day and help to build a robust plan for today, and for tomorrow while implementing and driving for continuous improvements in processes and structure to pave the way for innovation and growth by setting standards and priorities, identifying and solving for potential people/process gaps.
- Monitor and distil trade regulations and work with Global trade team to operationalize and assure regulatory compliance globally.
- Provide support and guidance to teams to resolve regulatory incidents, and institute measures to prevent reoccurrence.
- Ensure seamless communication and alignment across functional departments.
- Consider business specific scenarios, provide direction on adhering to the regulations
- Continuously assess risks, and plan for short, medium, and long-term compliance across various regulatory measures
- Manage the creation and maintenance of International Trade policies and procedures, including identifying requirements for automated compliance measures.
- Collaboration across the enterprise with key functions and field to ensure an aligned, properly prioritized, and holistic approach to global trade and compliance.
- Establishment of effective business partnerships across multiple functions, Engineering, Finance, etc
- Provide strategic thought leadership.
- Drive high performance within the organization and across the function and corporation.
- Development and monitoring of Trade metrics
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Law or related discipline
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in a Trade function with global responsibility
- In-depth knowledge of cross border physical and intangible movements;
- Knowledge of ITAR, EAR and non-U.S. export (e.g. BAFA, UN, EU, UK BIS, etc.) regulations, and knowledge of industry and export databases (including D-Trade, OCR, SNAP-R)
- Proven ability to distil the complex and understandable to non-technical audiences.
- Experience delivering training modules to peers and to stakeholders.
- Ability to influence within a geographically diverse team
- Experience with assessing compliance risks in the business and developing proactive strategies to mitigate risks.
- Superior leadership skills and experienced dealing with teams
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees (Managed services through to Senior Leaders)
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to interact and team with Company personnel and external advisors.
- Ability to program management in a matrix team.
- Capable of articulating requirements to land automated compliance measures/systems.
- Experience in dealing with ad-hoc queries from regulatory agencies.
- Experience dealing with formal audits from external agencies; along with ability to submit voluntary disclosure to agencies.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to self-manage and balance numerous priorities.
- Strong initiative, and the ability to change in a fast-changing environment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.