|Location:||Redmond, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Store is the public face of Microsoft, where every individual, community and business can directly experience all that's possible with Microsoft, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to tell our story. Are you interested in a career where you can inspire customers and make an impact while building lifelong skills? If so, we’re the place for you! Help connect customers with their passions to achieve more, through our physical and digital retail properties.
- Sales Leadership
- Manage a virtual team of field sales leaders to deliver a world-class tele-sales engine that creates new sales opportunities
- Drive sales plays and execution that exceeds monthly, quarterly and annual team targets
- Drive effective 4 quarter qualified pipeline. Ensure program wide pipeline hygiene and discipline, delivers on forecast with high level of fidelity.
- Deliver and close leads for our SMB and managed/unmanaged for EDU customers utilizing our product solution areas (e.g. Modern Workplace, Azure, etc.)
- Align our approach, performance standards and cost/performance metrics to be consistent with other parts of Microsoft
- People management
- Develops a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent, prioritizing development, leading by example and by preparing people for more senior positions in other parts of the organization.
- Coaches sellers with a “challenger mentality” by prompting sellers to engage early and lead with new insights on how to grow the customers’ business.
- Ensure team members are recognized and rewarded, both within the sales organization and at Corporate levels.
- Attract, retain and develop talent and ensure a high organizational heath. Help each team member create a career path, utilizing mentors and are constantly enhancing their skillset
- Customer centricity
- Lead sellers to drive end-to-end business solutions that solve customer problems and deliver tangible value, increasing customer and partner satisfaction and average deal sizes YoY.
- Position competitive offerings and solutions in the context of customer needs and experiences; provide technical product overview and insights pertinent to customer need and usage scenarios
- Develop customer insight and communicate to appropriate teams within corporate to drive change and improve products and solutions
- 7+ years of experience
- Managing a world-class tele-sales organization that develops and closes new customer leads.
- People Management experience, with proven track record of successfully leading teams of 10 or more sellers. Familiarity with modern sales techniques and tools preferred.
- Technology related sales or business management, and/or business development experience
- 10+ years of selling experience
- Carrying and exceeding a large sales quota by driving and closing deals
- Selling device and/or software-as-a-service or cloud-based business applications to enterprise customers, educational institutions, and/or small business customers
- Demonstrated passion and commitment for customer success. Successfully displacing competitors.
- Deep understanding of and capabilities to
- Strategy creation and development for tele sales organization – approach, compensation and structure.
- Communicate in writing or verbally effectively
- Coaching teams to successfully drive sales over phone, email, video and modern demonstration tools
- Leading those that don’t report directly to you to deliver strong sales results
- Ability to enable high performers to deliver and motivate under-performers to improve
- Strong customer focus, entrepreneurial approach and deal development.
- Experience and ability to recognize program gaps and opportunities, and leverage an innovative mindset to generate solutions, execute change, and elevate blockers
- Works well in a diverse team and thrives in a dynamic and fast changing environment
- Achievement and success-driven personality, motivated by performance rewards for exceeding annual sales goals through strategic sales leadership and strong cross business collaboration
- Passion for cloud technologies and great devices that when used together will change the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.