|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to be part of the team that shapes the audio experience of millions of users? Our team powers the audio stack for Microsoft’s real-time communication solutions, including Skype and Microsoft Teams - the fastest growing application in Microsoft’s history – and we are looking for an exceptional audio DSP engineer to help us grow even further. As part of the Audio DSP team, you will be working on cutting-edge signal processing and machine learning technologies to provide excellent audio quality to our customers across a variety of devices and networks. You will be part of a team of talented audio experts with rich experience and will collaborate with research groups across Microsoft.
- Design, implementation and evaluation of DSP algorithms such as echo cancellation, noise reduction, beamforming, dereverberation. Experience with other aspects of the VoIP pipeline such as codecs, packet loss and jitter compensation is a plus.
- Apply deep learning along with classical DSP to improve audio quality for our users
- Work across the product lifecycle from prototyping proof-of-concepts to shipping production-grade code optimized for CPU and memory
- AB test new solutions in production
- Remain up to date with latest advancements, trends and research in the area and apply them in our products
- Collaborate with other engineering teams across the company to ensure end-to-end integration with existing products and platforms
- Contribute towards building our intellectual property portfolio in the audio DSP area
- 5+ years of experience in research and development of speech/audio signal processing algorithms for real-time communications such as acoustic echo cancellation, beamforming, dereverberation, noise reduction, gain control, packet loss concealment, etc.
- Prior experience in developing deep learned models for one or more of the above problems is a strong plus.
- Strong background in statistical signal processing, speech modeling/perception, room acoustics, adaptive filtering, and estimation theory.
- Strong coding skills in C/C++ in a production environment. Comfortable with MATLAB and/or Python for prototyping.
- A strong passion for high-fidelity audio
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to work well in a scrum team.
PhD (preferred) or Masters in Electrical Engineering or related fields. Exceptional candidates with a proven track record and adequate work experience are encouraged to apply irrespective of educational background.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.