|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Datacenter Campus Director, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, XBOX, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+Ias part of our global datacenteroperations.
As the Datacenter Campus Director, you will drive the delivery of world-class support services across your campus. You will interact and maintain relationships with various authorities and partners across all sectors of the datacenter industry. You will use keen business acumen and financial management skills to manage operating costs effectively, while maintaining the highest standards of safety, security, and ecological responsibility. Excellent interpersonal awareness, ability to navigate ambiguity, and your mature communication skills will be pivotal in bringing your program management, technical abilities, and leadership experiences to a whole new level in supporting Microsoft’s success!
- Empower a culture of safety, security and compliance in all aspects of datacenter operations
- Leadership, management, coaching, and development of Microsoft full time employees across datacenters in your campus
- Accountable for the ongoing IT and Critical Environment (CE) support for all service lines ensuring the on-time and defect-free delivery of customer capacity within our SLA commitments
- Responsible for the planning and delivery of all supporting physical infrastructure, logistics, and the resources required to meet anticipated growth
- Actively participate in incident management procedures relating to major incidents that impact Microsoft cloud services in your campus. This will include leading incident management calls withcustomers and senior leadership, the timely resolution of incidents, post-incident reviews, and the implementation of improvement plans
- Financial management of campus portfolio including the development of detailed budgets, forecasts, and management of operational and capital spend
- Management and oversight of all vendor/partner contracts and relationships including leased-facility landlords, IT and CE service providers, and partner support teams
- Collaborate with global and regional management teams and contribute to improvement programs
- Learn, live, and coach the One Microsoft culture and values. Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success
- 10+ years of leadership and management experience in a production, mission-critical, 24x7 operations environment
- 5+years of experience managing large vendor multi-year contracts and operating entities
- 5+years of experience leading, directly managing, and influencing a diverse organization of full-time employees, across multiple disciplines and platforms
- BS/BA degree in Mechanical/ElectricalEngineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Telecommunications, orequivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, present, and negotiate effectively across groups of various levels and disciplines, senior company leaders, engineers, suppliers, partners, and external customers
- Strong working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures (e.g. Servers, SANs, Networking, Capacity, DC Rack/Enclosures, structured cabling, etc.)
- Knowledge of critical environment concepts and infrastructure (e.g. Electrical Distribution, Mechanical Cooling Systems, etc.)
- A solid understanding of financial management, budgeting, and forecasting
- Awareness of IT Service Operations fundamentals and principles. (ITIL, MOF, OLA/SLA, CSI, etc.)
- Project or program management experience and certification(s) (e.g. Six Sigma, Kaizen, PMI, etc.)
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.