|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure networking WAN and Edge team is looking for highly motivated and talented engineers to design and build state of the art network that provide route security and reliability into the networking stack for one of the biggest networks in the world.
Azure networking WAN and Edge team operates one the biggest network infrastructure in planet. Team manages WAN and Edge network for entire Microsoft connecting more than 140 edge sites and more than 50 Microsoft Azure regions across the globe. With the mission of reaching within 15ms to every human in planet, Team is constantly innovating on technologies to build world’s most reliable, performant and secure network infrastructure.
In this role you will be responsible for critical components of the WAN Edgeinfrastructure. This will include owning components from design through to deployment and operations. This is a high visibility position in an area of large and expanding investment for Microsoft Azure and offers a terrific opportunity for technical and career growth.
Core responsibilities of this job will include:
Writing drivers and abstraction layer for deploying new routing features across the network, enabling fast deployment and quality operations
- Working across teams to design innovative network solutions
- Prototyping different solutions in a physical and emulated lab environment
- Documenting the chosen design and communicating it to appropriate stakeholders
- Piloting new solutions on the production network
- Operationalizing the solution
o Creating/Updating documentation and/or SOPs
o Creating/Updating troubleshooting guides
o Training for other members of the on-call rotation
o Ensuring our monitoring systems are updated as necessary
- Operational duties:
o Actively participate in on-call rotation which will include
o Rapid <5 minutes response to emergency network escalations.
o Immediate mitigation of network impact and restoration of service.
o Investigation and deep dive analysis of root cause for outages.
o Replacement of failed router parts
- Collaborating and supporting other teams to enable our mutual success
- At least 4 years of network engineering experience in an online services, internet service provider or large enterprise environment.
- CCIE/JNCIE is highly desired
- Experience with traffic engineering solutions such as RSVP-TE, Segment Routing
- Knowledge of optical technologies for WAN connectivity
- Experience with routing protocols such as: ISIS, OSPF, BGP
- Experience programming/scripting with Python, Golang or C#
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.