|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.To learn moreplease visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
The Device and Partner Sales (DPS) team plays a critical role in achieving this mission. We build and sell intelligent edge and intelligent cloud devices and solutions with partners, who include OEMs, device distribution channels, original design manufacturers, and Silicon providers. We work closely with our device ecosystem and internal business groups to enable partners to deliver amazing innovative experiences powered by Windows.Opportunities in DPS are expansive because we span the entire product lifecycle -- from incubation, prototyping, and portfolio planning to the design-in, sell-in, and sell-through motions that help our partners touch consumers, students, and businesses. As a member of our team, you’ll be part of growing a multi-billion-dollar business, charting new areas of innovation, and contributing to our partnership engagements that build and launch devices and solutions worldwide. You will also be part of a people-first culture that supports a growth mindset, equality, and inclusion. If that appeals to you, it’s an exciting time to be here in DPS.
The DPS regional sales team, Device Partner Solution Sales (DPSS), mission is to maximize the intelligent edge and intelligent cloud opportunity with device builders and device channel partners. ThePartner Sales Executive roleis a keypartnersales managementrole within DPSS focused on theModern Workplace Teams devicesgo to market. This impactful role sits at the intersection of M365 & devices andfocuses oncapturing worldwide meeting room opportunity and enabling secure remote work with Teams devices. You will have the opportunity to study industry and market trends and products to help build effective strategies to win partners and customers to Microsoft based solutions.
In this DPSS regional role, you will collaborate externally with key device sales partners(OEMs, Distributors, Resellersetc)to meet or exceed sales of Teams Devices in your assigned territory.You will also establish long-lasting relationships, internally (Account Teams, BG) and externally (OEMs, Distributors, Resellers), by delivering results in a way that earns the trust and respect of those you work with.
Regional Device Sales Partner Engagement (70%)
- Partner closely with top regional AV partners to develop account plans and drive growth of Teams devicesin share spaces like meeting rooms(2-3disti, 3-5 integrator/reseller)
- Work with topregional device sales partners to accelerate sales of Teams devices in personal spaces (e.g. Teams Displays, CertifiedPeriperhals)
- Act as DPSS Teams devices SME for rest of regional teams
- Partner with OCP locally to support practice expansion of key SIs to include devices (direct or P2P)
DPSS Primary Point of Contact for M365 & Devices Partner Co-Sell with GSMO (20%)
- Act as point of contact for GSMO where 3P OEM partner and device sales resourceisneeded
- Orchestrate partner engagement and ownership for most deals, while owning strategic, large and compete deals asnecessary
- Represent DPSS and partner ecosystem views into local compete v-teams
- Support readiness to localxTUon hero commercial Win 10 & Teams device portfolio
- Partner with BG to integrate device sales partners into key Modern Workplace events
Keep knowledge current and deliver strong insights back to the business (10%)
- Continuously develop and expand sales, industry, technology, and competitive knowledge
- Obtain fundamentals and specialty certifications for Microsoft 365, Windows10and Teams
- Understand key competitors go to market, positioning, strengths, and weaknesses (Google & Zoom emphasis)
- Spot patterns across individual deals and package meaningful insights back into the business to help address growthblockers
- Transfer knowledge to device sales partners in the ecosystem asneeded
TrustedAdvisor & Executive Relationship Builder
- Demonstrated experienceestablishing and expandingexecutive level relationships withpartners
- Ability to identifykey partners that can drives sales of meetings devices solutionarea
- Excellent communication & presentation skills with high degree of comfort at all levels of an organization
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-teamalignment
Ability to Scale Sales Through Partner
- Deep understand of partner/channel economics
- Track record of development channel sales capability & capacity
- 5 -10 years of experience in partner channel development, sales,businessdevelopment and/or alliance management in technology industry
- Ability to build strong business case to influence partner strategy to center on Microsoft based technologies to accelerategrowth
Experience with the Cloud & Collaboration
- Experience with cloud technology platforms and solutions with a 100-200 level of technical proficiency
- Direct experience with meetings voice/video solutionsis stronglypreferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Technical certifications in collaboration software, networking, video, and voicepreferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.