|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our mission at Microsoft is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our partner ecosystem is at the forefront of bringing this powerful mission to life and it’s the One Commercial Partner (OCP) organization that will drive the transformation of this ecosystem to accelerate cloud growth for all partners and Microsoft.
The OCP team is responsible for driving build with, go to market and sell with motions with Microsoft’s managed partner ecosystem, including managed services providers, resellers and distributors, hosting service providers, and national and local systems integrators. The global Partner Servicesteam is tasked with the business management and transformation of partners who have been selected as strategic and are benefitting from 3-year investment plans.
As a global Partner Development Manager (PDM), you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your advanced skills in strategy and execution. This role contributes directly to one of the fastest growing businesses at Microsoft, leading the industrytransformation to cloud services. The PDM role is key to landing Microsoft’s partner management strategy in close collaboration with partner stakeholders.
We are looking to hire a PDM to
- Backfill anexisting position, following the transition of the incumbent (30 months in role) to another role at Microsoft.
- Accelerate the valued and established global partnership with the partner, particularly the transformation to cloud and managed services.
- Raise the relationship bar by providing business management/leadership as a strategic advisor to the partner, connecting to executives at Microsoft and informing through continuous rhythm of business.
- Drive with partner and Microsoft teams managedservicesdevelopment/enablement, Go To Market (GTM) and impact deployment to delight customers.
- Modernize legacy business and customer contracting operations, sales motion and seller capabilities.
- Work across the Microsoft organization to ensure business goals are aligned to partner offerings and success.
- Coach the partner and Microsoft internal teams through the transformation journey to continue building new cloud capabilities/solutions/offerings, generating growth and stimulating innovation.
We are seeking:
- An effective team player, who can collaborate/inclusive across time-zones, working styles and communication preferences.
- A networker,who can expand on business experiences, perspective and understanding, to contribute to business insights and analytics, understand commonly used business performance metrics and specifically impact the quality of partnership between Microsoft and partners operating globally.
- An effective listener, who can translate feedback into actionable perspective to transform and improve the interoperability of the relationship between Microsoft and partners.
- A challenger, who can focus conversations to the desired outcome, understanding the partners context and complexities, consider multiple perspectives, share learning and best practices, while finally coach and contribute to an outcome that transforms.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Evolve the business planning processes to maintain and 3-year planning horizon and an annual operating plan, with clear quarterly and monthly KPIs across global and geographical scope.
- Assist the partner to transform and grow their business in the cloud by developing services, GTM and customer engagement strategies.
- Provide insights and rigor about partner execution and key strategic initiatives; out of the box thinking to accelerate growth; landing a growth mindset in the transformation to the cloud andillustrating hands-on involvement in KPI attainment.
- Impact global partner transformation through the investment programme (AGI) processes, inclusive of reporting, analytics, insights, proposed adjustments, escalation handling and continuous aggregation of trends, performance optics and portfolio/partner level commentary and insights.
- Develop deep internal and external relationships to drive partner success, across sales, marketing and technical/engineering teams.
- Be a strong influencer and orchestrator to align Microsoft and partner resources to drive global business impact.
- Execute Microsoft’s deep commitment to the partner ecosystem to build a mutually beneficial business relationship. The outcome will be to drive long-term revenue, cloud consumption and digital transformation through a set of practices and solutions leading to workload and/or industry-based co-sell.
- Ensure clear governance with partner executives and establish joint priorities to identify transformation opportunities – be ready to behave as coach and challenger for change.
- Identify an effective path to market with solutions and Go-To-Market (GTM) activities.
- Partner Solution Management: Guide the partner to build a solutions portfolio aligned with market opportunities and Microsoft priorities.
- Build and develop solutions aligned to a partner plan with evaluated ROI ensuring that new offers are taken to market in ways that show differentiation and are positioned for success.
- Business Management: Drive performance management through monthly/quarterly reviews to review overall business performance across the organization and to measure against transformational goals and business plans.
- Drive continuous portfolio optimization of the partner’s performance as measured by revenue, pipeline, and partner impact.
- Previous professional experience in partner and sales management and performance information, working with a global scope of perspective and creating advisory for course correction.
- 5+ years of experience in core sales, partner channel development, sales, business development, alliance management in the technology industry.
- 2+ years of successful experience managing virtual teams across functions and geographies.
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment.
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills.
- 3+ years of experience with technology platforms and solutions with a reasonable level of technical proficiency.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort.
- Challenger mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations).
- This role can be based in Redmond.
Competencies & Experiences:
- Ability to identify required resources and gather requirements, drive a sense of common purpose and shared goals/vision, and deliver results as an outcome of ongoing or time-bound work.
- Demonstrated experience developing analytic approaches to complex business environment. Preferable to have a finance background -preferable to understand the various back end data sources available to the teams and what their limitations are.
- Ability to distill complex data/analyses into understandable information, guidance, insightand actions.
- Strong decision-making & critical thinking ability.
- Ability to proactively identify areas in the partner investment strategy that require strengthening (i.e. models, processes and tools).
- Challenger mentality.
Education & Work Experience:
- BA/BS in a quantitative field, such as engineering, finance, mathematics, economics, research or business is required.
- MBA is preferred and 5+ years of experience in partner sales management
- CXO-level executive maturity.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.