|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Xbox division is seeking a Director of Program Management to join the newly formed Gaming Publisher eXperiences (GPX) team. The Director of Program Management will report to the VP Gaming Ecosystem Engineering team and will lead several Program Management teams focused on empowering game creators to realize their dreams. This exciting role requires great strategic leadership, strong cross group partnership and collaboration skills, a customer-first approach in planning and execution and a demonstrated ability of attracting and growing talent in an inclusive environment.
The right candidate will be able to work in a fast-moving environment, help to identify and grow business opportunities and product strategy aligned with Gaming’s broader objectives, be well organized, and be passionate about delivering great solutions for our current and future game publishers. Defining and managing necessary process without creating bureaucracy, establishing and managing strategic partnerships inside and outside the company, managing, inspiring, and growing a talented and diverse group of PMs and PM leads, all will be critical to our shared success.
This is a great opportunity in a fast-paced, growing portfolio business encompassing engineering teams building games, developer tools, software and services, and hardware devices. Gaming is also home to the iconic Xbox brand and blockbuster franchises including Minecraft, Halo, and Forza Motorsport.
- Proven competency in strategic leadership, organizational agility, cross-team collaboration, drive for results, and written and verbal communications
- Exceptional project management and people management skills
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment, build effective working relationships internally and externally with varying levels of collaborators
- Passion in creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture where individual and teams can do their best work and unlock their potential
- Ability to accommodate working styles and perspectives of diverse individuals and groups
- Demonstrated strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple disciplines and functions.
- Thrives in ambiguity
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in technical management.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in software development.
- Previous experience managing multiple cross functional teams or Program Managers through a complete product cycle.
- A deep understanding of the game development lifecycle.
- A BS in Computer Science or related field.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.